*El DeBarge won’t have to worry about his arrest for drug possession this week. TMZ is reporting that the L.A. County D.A. has declined to file charges.
According to official D.A. documents, the case was rejected due to insufficient evidence.
As previously reported, DeBarge was arrested on Tuesday for felony possession of narcotics with intent to sell. Police officers noticed the singer and another man speaking on the street – and, according to TMZ, decided to search them without giving a reason why.
After searching them and coming up with nothing, police say they searched the surrounding area and found a baggie of rock cocaine hidden under a nearby car.
The other man insisted he was there to buy the rock from DeBarge, but the artist denied the accusation. The D.A. decided there wasn’t enough evidence to make the charge stick.
This was DeBarge’s third drug arrest since 2001.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here