*El DeBarge won’t have to worry about his arrest for drug possession this week. TMZ is reporting that the L.A. County D.A. has declined to file charges.
According to official D.A. documents, the case was rejected due to insufficient evidence.
As previously reported, DeBarge was arrested on Tuesday for felony possession of narcotics with intent to sell. Police officers noticed the singer and another man speaking on the street – and, according to TMZ, decided to search them without giving a reason why.
After searching them and coming up with nothing, police say they searched the surrounding area and found a baggie of rock cocaine hidden under a nearby car.
The other man insisted he was there to buy the rock from DeBarge, but the artist denied the accusation. The D.A. decided there wasn’t enough evidence to make the charge stick.
This was DeBarge’s third drug arrest since 2001.
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here