*El DeBarge won’t have to worry about his arrest for drug possession this week. TMZ is reporting that the L.A. County D.A. has declined to file charges.
According to official D.A. documents, the case was rejected due to insufficient evidence.
As previously reported, DeBarge was arrested on Tuesday for felony possession of narcotics with intent to sell. Police officers noticed the singer and another man speaking on the street – and, according to TMZ, decided to search them without giving a reason why.
After searching them and coming up with nothing, police say they searched the surrounding area and found a baggie of rock cocaine hidden under a nearby car.
The other man insisted he was there to buy the rock from DeBarge, but the artist denied the accusation. The D.A. decided there wasn’t enough evidence to make the charge stick.
This was DeBarge’s third drug arrest since 2001.
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here