*El DeBarge won’t have to worry about his arrest for drug possession this week. TMZ is reporting that the L.A. County D.A. has declined to file charges.
According to official D.A. documents, the case was rejected due to insufficient evidence.
As previously reported, DeBarge was arrested on Tuesday for felony possession of narcotics with intent to sell. Police officers noticed the singer and another man speaking on the street – and, according to TMZ, decided to search them without giving a reason why.
After searching them and coming up with nothing, police say they searched the surrounding area and found a baggie of rock cocaine hidden under a nearby car.
The other man insisted he was there to buy the rock from DeBarge, but the artist denied the accusation. The D.A. decided there wasn’t enough evidence to make the charge stick.
This was DeBarge’s third drug arrest since 2001.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here