*EMI Music is going after Cash Money Records in court after repeated attempts to collect royalties from the Louisiana-based imprint were unsuccessful.
Cash Money co-founders Bryan “Birdman” Williams and his brother Ronald “Slim” Williams are accused of failing to pay $491,000 for various sample licensing agreements.
The debt was expected to be settled in quarterly installments, but EMI claims they were forced to resort to legal action when the payments ceased and the Williams brothers “ignored numerous communications from EMI regarding (Cash Money Records’) contractual obligations.”
The lawsuit goes on to state: “The sales of (Cash Money Records’) products have far exceeded the payments that Emi has received (and) it is clear from (Cash Money’s) conduct that it has no intention of honoring (our) agreement.”
Representatives for Cash Money Records have yet to respond to the lawsuit.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here