*EMI Music is going after Cash Money Records in court after repeated attempts to collect royalties from the Louisiana-based imprint were unsuccessful.
Cash Money co-founders Bryan “Birdman” Williams and his brother Ronald “Slim” Williams are accused of failing to pay $491,000 for various sample licensing agreements.
The debt was expected to be settled in quarterly installments, but EMI claims they were forced to resort to legal action when the payments ceased and the Williams brothers “ignored numerous communications from EMI regarding (Cash Money Records’) contractual obligations.”
The lawsuit goes on to state: “The sales of (Cash Money Records’) products have far exceeded the payments that Emi has received (and) it is clear from (Cash Money’s) conduct that it has no intention of honoring (our) agreement.”
Representatives for Cash Money Records have yet to respond to the lawsuit.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye Claims He's Discriminated Against Because He's Not Gay
- The Game Stops by SKEE TV; Discusses #Documentary2 & Disses Young Thug (WATCH)
- Ben Carson Remembers Being Held at Gunpoint While in Popeye’s
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here