*EMI Music is going after Cash Money Records in court after repeated attempts to collect royalties from the Louisiana-based imprint were unsuccessful.
Cash Money co-founders Bryan “Birdman” Williams and his brother Ronald “Slim” Williams are accused of failing to pay $491,000 for various sample licensing agreements.
The debt was expected to be settled in quarterly installments, but EMI claims they were forced to resort to legal action when the payments ceased and the Williams brothers “ignored numerous communications from EMI regarding (Cash Money Records’) contractual obligations.”
The lawsuit goes on to state: “The sales of (Cash Money Records’) products have far exceeded the payments that Emi has received (and) it is clear from (Cash Money’s) conduct that it has no intention of honoring (our) agreement.”
Representatives for Cash Money Records have yet to respond to the lawsuit.
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here