*EMI Music is going after Cash Money Records in court after repeated attempts to collect royalties from the Louisiana-based imprint were unsuccessful.
Cash Money co-founders Bryan “Birdman” Williams and his brother Ronald “Slim” Williams are accused of failing to pay $491,000 for various sample licensing agreements.
The debt was expected to be settled in quarterly installments, but EMI claims they were forced to resort to legal action when the payments ceased and the Williams brothers “ignored numerous communications from EMI regarding (Cash Money Records’) contractual obligations.”
The lawsuit goes on to state: “The sales of (Cash Money Records’) products have far exceeded the payments that Emi has received (and) it is clear from (Cash Money’s) conduct that it has no intention of honoring (our) agreement.”
Representatives for Cash Money Records have yet to respond to the lawsuit.
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Craig Robinson, Amandla Stenberg & Megan Good in NBC's 'Mr. Robinson' (Watch!)
- Lenny Kravitz Plays Through Severe Wardrobe Malfunction (NSFW Video)
- Angela Carr Patterson/The Issues of Fatherless Daughters: The Stakes are Too High
- Andre Royo Talks Reunion with ‘Wire’ Co-Stars for Baltimore's ‘Wired Up’
- Toure Fired By MSNBC; Returns to Twitter after Yearlong Hiatus
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Brandon Boykin Fires Latest Racism Claim at Eagles Coach Chip Kelly
- Steven Ivory: How to Survive a Break Up
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here