*EMI Music is going after Cash Money Records in court after repeated attempts to collect royalties from the Louisiana-based imprint were unsuccessful.
Cash Money co-founders Bryan “Birdman” Williams and his brother Ronald “Slim” Williams are accused of failing to pay $491,000 for various sample licensing agreements.
The debt was expected to be settled in quarterly installments, but EMI claims they were forced to resort to legal action when the payments ceased and the Williams brothers “ignored numerous communications from EMI regarding (Cash Money Records’) contractual obligations.”
The lawsuit goes on to state: “The sales of (Cash Money Records’) products have far exceeded the payments that Emi has received (and) it is clear from (Cash Money’s) conduct that it has no intention of honoring (our) agreement.”
Representatives for Cash Money Records have yet to respond to the lawsuit.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here