*Spring not only means baseball and March Madness – it’s also TV pilot season.
Luckily, this year will feature a wealth of new programs featuring very promising minority actors. Which ones should you tune in too?
Here are our picks:
AWAKE (NBC) – This is one of the most promising network television pilots we’ve seen in a long, long time. Shepherded and created by the talented Kyle Killen, AWAKE follows Det. Michael Britten (Jason Isaacs), living two parallel, crime-solving lives following a car accident – one in which his wife was killed, and one in which his son died. It’s one of the rare new network shows that rises above its gimmick. AWAKE also features a plum role for the great Steven Harris – late of The Practice – as Britten’s partner in one of the timelines. The show premiered this week; plenty of catch-up time. (http://www.eurweb.com/2012/02/is-it-live-or-is-it-memorex-steve-harris-talks-nbcs-awake/)
COMMON LAW (USA) – USA’s made a living cranking out easy-to-watch, supremely competent procedurals with rich lead characters, and this two-cops-in-couples-therapy (with one of them played by the excellent Michael Ealy) sounds like it fits into their plans perfectly. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/usa-network-common-law-premiere-296459
COUNTY (NBC) – Michael Jordan is back! Well, Michael B. Jordan, that is. The actor – who made an impact as talented quarterback Vince XXX on Friday Night Lights – stars in this hospital drama from FNL writer Jason Katims. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/parenthood-michael-b-jordan-jason-katims-county-289437
DO NO HARM (NBC) – Finally, Phylicia Rashad escapes Bill Cosby in this televised take on Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, starring Steven Pasquale (Rescue Me) as the titular doctor / crazy person. Rashad will play the chief of surgery at Jekyll / Hyde’s hospital. It’ll be nice to see the talented Rashad out of the Cosby bubble. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cosby-show-phylicia-rashad-nbc-do-no-harm-jeckyll-hyde-pilot-296151)
LAST RESORT (ABC) – Shawn Ryan created one of the greatest series in the history of television with his violent and compelling program The Shield for FX; he’s going to return soon with this ambitious series following a rogue U.S. nuclear missile submarine. The part that’s got us all excited? The casting of Andre Braugher – the volcanic, spellbinding actor from Homicide – as the missile submarine’s captain. This has a chance to be really amazing. (http://www.hitfix.com/articles/andre-braugher-will-captain-abcs-last-resort-pilot)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here