*Spike Lee, Rosie O’Donnell and Omarosa were among the celebs who retweeted a quote falsely attributed to Will Smith that pointed out the injustice between the freedom of Trayvon Martin’s killer and quick arrest of Kim Kardashian’s flour bomber.
The fake tweet says “WE live in America where a girl that threw flour on Kim Kardashian was arrested on site But the man who KILLED Trayvon Martin is still free.”
The below screenshot of the tweet attributes it to the account of @RealWillSmith and includes a picture of the actor. However, the account @RealWillSmith actually belongs to a white man from Nashville, TN.
The real Will Smith does not have a publicly known twitter and there is no record of him saying the quote.
This is not the first fake tweet associated with the killing of Trayvon Martin. The @RealFerrelWill twitter account tweeted “R.I.P. Trayvon Martin,” they wrote. “For every R-T this tweet gets, $1 will be donated to the #TrayvonMartin Foundation, which helps counteract racism.” Hundreds of people retweeted the offer, including “Parks and Recreation” star Aziz Ansari, before they realized it was a fake.
As previously reported, Kim Kardashian was “flour bombed” at an event at the London West Hollywood Hotel where she was promoting her new fragrance, True Reflection. On Monday, TMZ identified the woman as animal rights activist Christina Cho with ties to PETA.
Cho, who reportedly yelled, “Fur hag!” when she doused Kim with the powder, was grabbed by security and arrested after she tried to flee.
PETA initially claimed to have nothing to do with the flour-bombing, but after Kardashian reportedly decided to press charges against Cho, the animal rights group called Kardashian heartless and noted that she “should get a life, the very thing that she denies animals.”
Now Khloe Kardashian, who has appeared nude on billboards for PETA, says she is disappointed with the way the organization lied about their involvement in the flour bombing, and has vowed to no longer work with them.
“Not only has PETA lied to the public, but they have proved that they support this kind of behavior,” she said in a statement. “I’ve been a vocal supporter of PETA for a long time, but I have also been very vocal about anti-bullying, so this was a huge disappointment for me.”
The attack on Kim wouldn’t be Cho’s first anti-fur stunt. In 2010, Cho rushed the stage at a Women’s Conference event in New York, stealing the microphone from designer Donna Karan to rail against the use of fur in fashion. She also won an award from PETA in 2010 for her activism.
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here