*When you used to think of the Forbes annual list of billionaires, you would probably walk by the newsstand or skip the website because you didn’t think anyone of color would be on the list.
But oh, how things have changed.
In this year’s edition, six people of African descent have made the list and some are familiar faces, while others aren’t.
We are sure you know who the only American out of the six is. Yep, you guessed it, Oprah Winfrey. Of course. Who else could it be?
OK, we’ll spot you one more:
Mohammed Al Amoudi
Mohammed Al Amoudi may fall at number 61 on the Forbes list, but he’s number one on the list of the richest black people in the world. The Saudi and Ethiopian man’s assets in oil companies like Svenska Petroleum Exploration, which produces crude oil in Africa, and refinery operator Preem, puts his net worth at $12.5 billion.
Check out the full list here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here