*When you used to think of the Forbes annual list of billionaires, you would probably walk by the newsstand or skip the website because you didn’t think anyone of color would be on the list.
But oh, how things have changed.
In this year’s edition, six people of African descent have made the list and some are familiar faces, while others aren’t.
We are sure you know who the only American out of the six is. Yep, you guessed it, Oprah Winfrey. Of course. Who else could it be?
OK, we’ll spot you one more:
Mohammed Al Amoudi
Mohammed Al Amoudi may fall at number 61 on the Forbes list, but he’s number one on the list of the richest black people in the world. The Saudi and Ethiopian man’s assets in oil companies like Svenska Petroleum Exploration, which produces crude oil in Africa, and refinery operator Preem, puts his net worth at $12.5 billion.
Check out the full list here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here