*FX has closed a deal for six installments of an untitled late night talk show executive produced by Chris Rock and hosted by W. Kamau Bell, one of the fastest rising socio-political comics in the United States, and a founding member of the comedy group Laughter Against the Machine.
Due to premiere this summer, the weekly half-hour series will feature Bell dissecting politics, pop culture, race, religion, the media and sex.
“The presentation pilot that Chris and Kamau shot was terrific,” said Nick Grad, Executive Vice President, Original Programming, FX. “Kamau is a tremendous young comedian who has a very smart and sharp take on life. Working with Chris will only bring out the best of his talents. This series, along with Russell Brand’s ‘Strangely Uplifting,’ puts FX on really solid footing in the late night arena.”
“I think Kamau is one of the funniest guys out there and I can’t wait to work with the good people at FX,” said Rock.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here