*FX has closed a deal for six installments of an untitled late night talk show executive produced by Chris Rock and hosted by W. Kamau Bell, one of the fastest rising socio-political comics in the United States, and a founding member of the comedy group Laughter Against the Machine.
Due to premiere this summer, the weekly half-hour series will feature Bell dissecting politics, pop culture, race, religion, the media and sex.
“The presentation pilot that Chris and Kamau shot was terrific,” said Nick Grad, Executive Vice President, Original Programming, FX. “Kamau is a tremendous young comedian who has a very smart and sharp take on life. Working with Chris will only bring out the best of his talents. This series, along with Russell Brand’s ‘Strangely Uplifting,’ puts FX on really solid footing in the late night arena.”
“I think Kamau is one of the funniest guys out there and I can’t wait to work with the good people at FX,” said Rock.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here