*FX has closed a deal for six installments of an untitled late night talk show executive produced by Chris Rock and hosted by W. Kamau Bell, one of the fastest rising socio-political comics in the United States, and a founding member of the comedy group Laughter Against the Machine.
Due to premiere this summer, the weekly half-hour series will feature Bell dissecting politics, pop culture, race, religion, the media and sex.
“The presentation pilot that Chris and Kamau shot was terrific,” said Nick Grad, Executive Vice President, Original Programming, FX. “Kamau is a tremendous young comedian who has a very smart and sharp take on life. Working with Chris will only bring out the best of his talents. This series, along with Russell Brand’s ‘Strangely Uplifting,’ puts FX on really solid footing in the late night arena.”
“I think Kamau is one of the funniest guys out there and I can’t wait to work with the good people at FX,” said Rock.
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here