*FX has closed a deal for six installments of an untitled late night talk show executive produced by Chris Rock and hosted by W. Kamau Bell, one of the fastest rising socio-political comics in the United States, and a founding member of the comedy group Laughter Against the Machine.
Due to premiere this summer, the weekly half-hour series will feature Bell dissecting politics, pop culture, race, religion, the media and sex.
“The presentation pilot that Chris and Kamau shot was terrific,” said Nick Grad, Executive Vice President, Original Programming, FX. “Kamau is a tremendous young comedian who has a very smart and sharp take on life. Working with Chris will only bring out the best of his talents. This series, along with Russell Brand’s ‘Strangely Uplifting,’ puts FX on really solid footing in the late night arena.”
“I think Kamau is one of the funniest guys out there and I can’t wait to work with the good people at FX,” said Rock.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here