*FX has closed a deal for six installments of an untitled late night talk show executive produced by Chris Rock and hosted by W. Kamau Bell, one of the fastest rising socio-political comics in the United States, and a founding member of the comedy group Laughter Against the Machine.
Due to premiere this summer, the weekly half-hour series will feature Bell dissecting politics, pop culture, race, religion, the media and sex.
“The presentation pilot that Chris and Kamau shot was terrific,” said Nick Grad, Executive Vice President, Original Programming, FX. “Kamau is a tremendous young comedian who has a very smart and sharp take on life. Working with Chris will only bring out the best of his talents. This series, along with Russell Brand’s ‘Strangely Uplifting,’ puts FX on really solid footing in the late night arena.”
“I think Kamau is one of the funniest guys out there and I can’t wait to work with the good people at FX,” said Rock.
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here