*Following extensive negotiations, Oscar winner Halle Berry is set to star in Troika Pictures’ thriller “The Hive,” reports Variety.
Set in a 911 call center, the fast-paced suspense story will find Berry playing a 911 emergency operator who must face her own fears in order to save a teenage girl from a disturbed killer.
Rich D’Ovidio wrote the script, which is based on an original story by Nicole D’Ovidio, Jon Bokencamp and the scribe. Brad Anderson will direct this summer.
Berry was attached to a previous incarnation of the project when Joel Schumacher was onboard to direct. She wasn’t involved with the film when Anderson signed on to direct in January, citing personal scheduling issues at the time. Several top actresses pursued the project, but Berry recommitted to star after the start date was pushed back, according to Variety.
“Ms. Berry has always been our first choice to star in ‘The Hive,’ and we’re thrilled that we were able to put this together in and around Los Angeles with the help of the California Tax Incentive,” said Troika Pictures’ Michael Helfant and Robert Stein.
“I’m thrilled to be working with Halle on this,” added Anderson. “It’s a formidable role for an equally formidable actress.”
Berry recently appeared in “New Year’s Eve” and can currently be seen in John Stockwell’s shark film “Dark Tide.” She’ll next appear alongside fellow Oscar winner Tom Hanks and in WB’s big-budget sci-fi outing “Cloud Atlas,” from directors Andy and Lana Wachowski, as well as Tom Tykwer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here