*Even though Heavy D was working on a huge comeback before he passed away last year, some of the profits might have gone straight to the state of California. That’s because the rapper/actor had a pretty sizable tax debt, reports TMZ.
According to documents filed last month by the Franchise Tax Board in California, Heavy D (real name Dwight E. Myers) has a tax lien against him in the amount of $43,967.87. The lien applies to the years 2008 and 2009.
Heavy D, 44, passed away last November after suffering a pulmonary embolism outside his Beverly Hills home.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here