*Even though Heavy D was working on a huge comeback before he passed away last year, some of the profits might have gone straight to the state of California. That’s because the rapper/actor had a pretty sizable tax debt, reports TMZ.
According to documents filed last month by the Franchise Tax Board in California, Heavy D (real name Dwight E. Myers) has a tax lien against him in the amount of $43,967.87. The lien applies to the years 2008 and 2009.
Heavy D, 44, passed away last November after suffering a pulmonary embolism outside his Beverly Hills home.
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here