*Even though Heavy D was working on a huge comeback before he passed away last year, some of the profits might have gone straight to the state of California. That’s because the rapper/actor had a pretty sizable tax debt, reports TMZ.
According to documents filed last month by the Franchise Tax Board in California, Heavy D (real name Dwight E. Myers) has a tax lien against him in the amount of $43,967.87. The lien applies to the years 2008 and 2009.
Heavy D, 44, passed away last November after suffering a pulmonary embolism outside his Beverly Hills home.
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here