*Even though Heavy D was working on a huge comeback before he passed away last year, some of the profits might have gone straight to the state of California. That’s because the rapper/actor had a pretty sizable tax debt, reports TMZ.
According to documents filed last month by the Franchise Tax Board in California, Heavy D (real name Dwight E. Myers) has a tax lien against him in the amount of $43,967.87. The lien applies to the years 2008 and 2009.
Heavy D, 44, passed away last November after suffering a pulmonary embolism outside his Beverly Hills home.
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here