*Idris Elba and Taraji P. Henson have been cast as the leads in the upcoming Screen Gems thriller “No Good Deed.”
British helmer Sam Miller, who directed episodes of Elba’s BBC series “Luther” as well as shows such as “MI-5,” is sitting behind the camera for “Deed,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Per Screen Gems, the Aimee Lagos-written screenplay centers “around a former DA-turned-stay-at-home mom and her two small children who are terrorized and kidnapped from their home when she invites a good-looking mysterious stranger in to wait for help after his car ran off the road.”
Screen Gems is eyeing an April start in Georgia.
“Deed” will be Elba’s third movie for Screen Gems, after “Takers’ and “Obsessed.” He also starred on HBO’s acclaimed drama “The Wire.”
Henson, who was nominated for Oscar for her work in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” stars in Screen Gems’ upcoming “Think Like a Man.” She currently appears on the CBS drama “Person of Interest.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here