*Idris Elba and Taraji P. Henson have been cast as the leads in the upcoming Screen Gems thriller “No Good Deed.”
British helmer Sam Miller, who directed episodes of Elba’s BBC series “Luther” as well as shows such as “MI-5,” is sitting behind the camera for “Deed,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Per Screen Gems, the Aimee Lagos-written screenplay centers “around a former DA-turned-stay-at-home mom and her two small children who are terrorized and kidnapped from their home when she invites a good-looking mysterious stranger in to wait for help after his car ran off the road.”
Screen Gems is eyeing an April start in Georgia.
“Deed” will be Elba’s third movie for Screen Gems, after “Takers’ and “Obsessed.” He also starred on HBO’s acclaimed drama “The Wire.”
Henson, who was nominated for Oscar for her work in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” stars in Screen Gems’ upcoming “Think Like a Man.” She currently appears on the CBS drama “Person of Interest.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here