*Idris Elba and Taraji P. Henson have been cast as the leads in the upcoming Screen Gems thriller “No Good Deed.”
British helmer Sam Miller, who directed episodes of Elba’s BBC series “Luther” as well as shows such as “MI-5,” is sitting behind the camera for “Deed,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Per Screen Gems, the Aimee Lagos-written screenplay centers “around a former DA-turned-stay-at-home mom and her two small children who are terrorized and kidnapped from their home when she invites a good-looking mysterious stranger in to wait for help after his car ran off the road.”
Screen Gems is eyeing an April start in Georgia.
“Deed” will be Elba’s third movie for Screen Gems, after “Takers’ and “Obsessed.” He also starred on HBO’s acclaimed drama “The Wire.”
Henson, who was nominated for Oscar for her work in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” stars in Screen Gems’ upcoming “Think Like a Man.” She currently appears on the CBS drama “Person of Interest.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here