*Idris Elba and Taraji P. Henson have been cast as the leads in the upcoming Screen Gems thriller “No Good Deed.”
British helmer Sam Miller, who directed episodes of Elba’s BBC series “Luther” as well as shows such as “MI-5,” is sitting behind the camera for “Deed,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Per Screen Gems, the Aimee Lagos-written screenplay centers “around a former DA-turned-stay-at-home mom and her two small children who are terrorized and kidnapped from their home when she invites a good-looking mysterious stranger in to wait for help after his car ran off the road.”
Screen Gems is eyeing an April start in Georgia.
“Deed” will be Elba’s third movie for Screen Gems, after “Takers’ and “Obsessed.” He also starred on HBO’s acclaimed drama “The Wire.”
Henson, who was nominated for Oscar for her work in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” stars in Screen Gems’ upcoming “Think Like a Man.” She currently appears on the CBS drama “Person of Interest.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here