*Incarcerated rapper Ja Rule is facing disciplinary action after breaking prison rules by calling two radio stations on his birthday.
The artist, currently serving a four-year sentence for tax evasion and illegal weapons possession at the Mid-State Correctional Facility in New York, called DJ Gary Spears of KISS-FM and Sirius XM personality Renada on Feb. 29 to mark his 36th birthday as well as discuss his latest album and life behind bars.
But inmates are forbidden from conducting interviews, according to the New York Daily News. His rep, Melanie Bonvicino, has since jumped to her client’s defense, insisting she’s the one to blame for setting up both phone calls. She claims Ja had “no prior knowledge” of the interviews and she orchestrated both as a birthday surprise.
Now Bonvicino is asking officials for leniency so “model prisoner” Ja Rule doesn’t have to pay for her mistake, the Daily News reports.
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here