*Incarcerated rapper Ja Rule is facing disciplinary action after breaking prison rules by calling two radio stations on his birthday.
The artist, currently serving a four-year sentence for tax evasion and illegal weapons possession at the Mid-State Correctional Facility in New York, called DJ Gary Spears of KISS-FM and Sirius XM personality Renada on Feb. 29 to mark his 36th birthday as well as discuss his latest album and life behind bars.
But inmates are forbidden from conducting interviews, according to the New York Daily News. His rep, Melanie Bonvicino, has since jumped to her client’s defense, insisting she’s the one to blame for setting up both phone calls. She claims Ja had “no prior knowledge” of the interviews and she orchestrated both as a birthday surprise.
Now Bonvicino is asking officials for leniency so “model prisoner” Ja Rule doesn’t have to pay for her mistake, the Daily News reports.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here