*Incarcerated rapper Ja Rule is facing disciplinary action after breaking prison rules by calling two radio stations on his birthday.
The artist, currently serving a four-year sentence for tax evasion and illegal weapons possession at the Mid-State Correctional Facility in New York, called DJ Gary Spears of KISS-FM and Sirius XM personality Renada on Feb. 29 to mark his 36th birthday as well as discuss his latest album and life behind bars.
But inmates are forbidden from conducting interviews, according to the New York Daily News. His rep, Melanie Bonvicino, has since jumped to her client’s defense, insisting she’s the one to blame for setting up both phone calls. She claims Ja had “no prior knowledge” of the interviews and she orchestrated both as a birthday surprise.
Now Bonvicino is asking officials for leniency so “model prisoner” Ja Rule doesn’t have to pay for her mistake, the Daily News reports.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here