*Incarcerated rapper Ja Rule is facing disciplinary action after breaking prison rules by calling two radio stations on his birthday.
The artist, currently serving a four-year sentence for tax evasion and illegal weapons possession at the Mid-State Correctional Facility in New York, called DJ Gary Spears of KISS-FM and Sirius XM personality Renada on Feb. 29 to mark his 36th birthday as well as discuss his latest album and life behind bars.
But inmates are forbidden from conducting interviews, according to the New York Daily News. His rep, Melanie Bonvicino, has since jumped to her client’s defense, insisting she’s the one to blame for setting up both phone calls. She claims Ja had “no prior knowledge” of the interviews and she orchestrated both as a birthday surprise.
Now Bonvicino is asking officials for leniency so “model prisoner” Ja Rule doesn’t have to pay for her mistake, the Daily News reports.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here