*Incarcerated rapper Ja Rule is facing disciplinary action after breaking prison rules by calling two radio stations on his birthday.
The artist, currently serving a four-year sentence for tax evasion and illegal weapons possession at the Mid-State Correctional Facility in New York, called DJ Gary Spears of KISS-FM and Sirius XM personality Renada on Feb. 29 to mark his 36th birthday as well as discuss his latest album and life behind bars.
But inmates are forbidden from conducting interviews, according to the New York Daily News. His rep, Melanie Bonvicino, has since jumped to her client’s defense, insisting she’s the one to blame for setting up both phone calls. She claims Ja had “no prior knowledge” of the interviews and she orchestrated both as a birthday surprise.
Now Bonvicino is asking officials for leniency so “model prisoner” Ja Rule doesn’t have to pay for her mistake, the Daily News reports.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here