*Jennifer Beals will co-star in the upcoming CBS pilot “Widow Detective.”
“The L Word” actress will play Lainey, the owner of a San Fernando Valley hair salon and the widow of a Los Angeles Police Department officer who the title character takes under his wing.
The pilot, from CBS Television Studios, centers on a decorated police detective who, after losing three partners in the line of duty, becomes surrogate husband, lover and father to their families.
“An Inconvenient Truth” director Davis Guggenheim is directing and also producing.
Beals most recently appeared on two episodes of ABC’s “Castle,” and starred last year in Fox’s canceled police drama “The Chicago Code.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here