*Jennifer Beals will co-star in the upcoming CBS pilot “Widow Detective.”
“The L Word” actress will play Lainey, the owner of a San Fernando Valley hair salon and the widow of a Los Angeles Police Department officer who the title character takes under his wing.
The pilot, from CBS Television Studios, centers on a decorated police detective who, after losing three partners in the line of duty, becomes surrogate husband, lover and father to their families.
“An Inconvenient Truth” director Davis Guggenheim is directing and also producing.
Beals most recently appeared on two episodes of ABC’s “Castle,” and starred last year in Fox’s canceled police drama “The Chicago Code.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here