*John Legend will be among tonight’s entertainment at the White House state dinner for British Prime Minister David Cameron and his wife Samantha.
The Obamas are big admirers of the Grammy winner, just as David and Samantha Cameron are huge fans of British folk rock band Mumford & Sons, who are also scheduled to perform.
The full guest list for the dinner won’t come out until guests are on their way. But a few celebs headed to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. tonight have already shared their news.
Hugh Bonneville, the earl of Grantham from “Downton Abbey” fame, is coming. So is “Homeland” actor Damian Lewis, along with his wife, actress Helen McCrory. President Obama is a big fan of “Homeland,” a psychological thriller that runs on cable TV’s Showtime.
Rory McIlroy, the 22-year-old new world No. 1 golfer from Northern Ireland, also tweeted that he’s coming, and posted a photo of himself being fitted for his dinner suit.
The dinner — in a tent on the South lawn — isn’t all about celebrities and sports stars, though. Plenty of corporate and policy and public officials are expected.
Mrs. Obama gave a preview of the dinner during an afternoon meet-up with students from the U.S. and the U.K. in the State Dining Room, complete with an advance tasting of the dessert: steamed lemon pudding, a nod to the traditional English treat. Then the first lady breezed off, saying, “I have to go look at the tent.” And that’s no ordinary tent: It features a 150-foot-wide glass wall overlooking the White House grounds.
Mrs. Obama also gave Mrs. Cameron a vase of White House honey. The Cameron children got bean bag chairs embroidered with their names and the presidential seal.
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here