*John Legend will be among tonight’s entertainment at the White House state dinner for British Prime Minister David Cameron and his wife Samantha.
The Obamas are big admirers of the Grammy winner, just as David and Samantha Cameron are huge fans of British folk rock band Mumford & Sons, who are also scheduled to perform.
The full guest list for the dinner won’t come out until guests are on their way. But a few celebs headed to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. tonight have already shared their news.
Hugh Bonneville, the earl of Grantham from “Downton Abbey” fame, is coming. So is “Homeland” actor Damian Lewis, along with his wife, actress Helen McCrory. President Obama is a big fan of “Homeland,” a psychological thriller that runs on cable TV’s Showtime.
Rory McIlroy, the 22-year-old new world No. 1 golfer from Northern Ireland, also tweeted that he’s coming, and posted a photo of himself being fitted for his dinner suit.
The dinner — in a tent on the South lawn — isn’t all about celebrities and sports stars, though. Plenty of corporate and policy and public officials are expected.
Mrs. Obama gave a preview of the dinner during an afternoon meet-up with students from the U.S. and the U.K. in the State Dining Room, complete with an advance tasting of the dessert: steamed lemon pudding, a nod to the traditional English treat. Then the first lady breezed off, saying, “I have to go look at the tent.” And that’s no ordinary tent: It features a 150-foot-wide glass wall overlooking the White House grounds.
Mrs. Obama also gave Mrs. Cameron a vase of White House honey. The Cameron children got bean bag chairs embroidered with their names and the presidential seal.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here