*Queen Latifah is bringing yet another talent competition show to television.
The CW has given a series order to “The Star Next Door,” which will feature mentors including Latifah, Gloria Estefan and John Rich traveling across the country looking for the best and brightest to compete and represent their home towns when they face-off in Hollywood.
Latifah will executive produce the series, alongside CBS’ Raquel Productions, 25/7 Productions and Latifah’s Flavor Unit Entertainment. Additional mentors will be announced at a later date.
“The Star Next Door,” which hails from Dave Broome (“The Biggest Loser”), joins a crowded field of music-themed reality competition series, including NBC’s “The Voice,’ Fox’s “The X Factor” and “American Idol,” the latter of which has seen its hold as the top-rated program this season in viewers and the coveted adults 18-49 demographic fade.
The network has also ordered for its summer lineup “Breaking Pointe,” a behind-the-stage look at one of the nation’s most competitive ballet companies, Salt Lake City’s Ballet West; “The Catalina,” which revolves around the staff of the aptly named hotel in Miami’s South Beach, and musical chairs game show “Oh Sit!.”
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here