*Queen Latifah is bringing yet another talent competition show to television.
The CW has given a series order to “The Star Next Door,” which will feature mentors including Latifah, Gloria Estefan and John Rich traveling across the country looking for the best and brightest to compete and represent their home towns when they face-off in Hollywood.
Latifah will executive produce the series, alongside CBS’ Raquel Productions, 25/7 Productions and Latifah’s Flavor Unit Entertainment. Additional mentors will be announced at a later date.
“The Star Next Door,” which hails from Dave Broome (“The Biggest Loser”), joins a crowded field of music-themed reality competition series, including NBC’s “The Voice,’ Fox’s “The X Factor” and “American Idol,” the latter of which has seen its hold as the top-rated program this season in viewers and the coveted adults 18-49 demographic fade.
The network has also ordered for its summer lineup “Breaking Pointe,” a behind-the-stage look at one of the nation’s most competitive ballet companies, Salt Lake City’s Ballet West; “The Catalina,” which revolves around the staff of the aptly named hotel in Miami’s South Beach, and musical chairs game show “Oh Sit!.”
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here