*Queen Latifah is bringing yet another talent competition show to television.
The CW has given a series order to “The Star Next Door,” which will feature mentors including Latifah, Gloria Estefan and John Rich traveling across the country looking for the best and brightest to compete and represent their home towns when they face-off in Hollywood.
Latifah will executive produce the series, alongside CBS’ Raquel Productions, 25/7 Productions and Latifah’s Flavor Unit Entertainment. Additional mentors will be announced at a later date.
“The Star Next Door,” which hails from Dave Broome (“The Biggest Loser”), joins a crowded field of music-themed reality competition series, including NBC’s “The Voice,’ Fox’s “The X Factor” and “American Idol,” the latter of which has seen its hold as the top-rated program this season in viewers and the coveted adults 18-49 demographic fade.
The network has also ordered for its summer lineup “Breaking Pointe,” a behind-the-stage look at one of the nation’s most competitive ballet companies, Salt Lake City’s Ballet West; “The Catalina,” which revolves around the staff of the aptly named hotel in Miami’s South Beach, and musical chairs game show “Oh Sit!.”
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here