*Queen Latifah is bringing yet another talent competition show to television.
The CW has given a series order to “The Star Next Door,” which will feature mentors including Latifah, Gloria Estefan and John Rich traveling across the country looking for the best and brightest to compete and represent their home towns when they face-off in Hollywood.
Latifah will executive produce the series, alongside CBS’ Raquel Productions, 25/7 Productions and Latifah’s Flavor Unit Entertainment. Additional mentors will be announced at a later date.
“The Star Next Door,” which hails from Dave Broome (“The Biggest Loser”), joins a crowded field of music-themed reality competition series, including NBC’s “The Voice,’ Fox’s “The X Factor” and “American Idol,” the latter of which has seen its hold as the top-rated program this season in viewers and the coveted adults 18-49 demographic fade.
The network has also ordered for its summer lineup “Breaking Pointe,” a behind-the-stage look at one of the nation’s most competitive ballet companies, Salt Lake City’s Ballet West; “The Catalina,” which revolves around the staff of the aptly named hotel in Miami’s South Beach, and musical chairs game show “Oh Sit!.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Miss Robbie Talks Vegan Soul Food, Family Legacy and Being the Best [EUR Exclusive]
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Donald Trump
- PETA Offers $5K for Info On Puppies Found in Sealed Aquarium in the Woods
- Patti LaBelle Has More for Walmart; Steph Curry Buys a Mansion
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here