*Queen Latifah is bringing yet another talent competition show to television.
The CW has given a series order to “The Star Next Door,” which will feature mentors including Latifah, Gloria Estefan and John Rich traveling across the country looking for the best and brightest to compete and represent their home towns when they face-off in Hollywood.
Latifah will executive produce the series, alongside CBS’ Raquel Productions, 25/7 Productions and Latifah’s Flavor Unit Entertainment. Additional mentors will be announced at a later date.
“The Star Next Door,” which hails from Dave Broome (“The Biggest Loser”), joins a crowded field of music-themed reality competition series, including NBC’s “The Voice,’ Fox’s “The X Factor” and “American Idol,” the latter of which has seen its hold as the top-rated program this season in viewers and the coveted adults 18-49 demographic fade.
The network has also ordered for its summer lineup “Breaking Pointe,” a behind-the-stage look at one of the nation’s most competitive ballet companies, Salt Lake City’s Ballet West; “The Catalina,” which revolves around the staff of the aptly named hotel in Miami’s South Beach, and musical chairs game show “Oh Sit!.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Taraji P. Posts IG Response to Rumors of Beef with Terrence Howard (WATCH)
- EURweb on the Scene: 3rd Annual Ocktober Film Festival
- Derek Fisher Addresses Alleged Fight With Matt Barnes
- Man's 20-Year-Old Girlfriend Kicked His Baby to Death (Video)
- Kanye Claims He's Discriminated Against Because He's Not Gay
- The Game Stops by SKEE TV; Discusses #Documentary2 & Disses Young Thug (WATCH)
- Ben Carson Remembers Being Held at Gunpoint While in Popeye’s
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here