*Singer-songwriter Lionel Richie and the late soul legend Etta James will be inducted into the Apollo Theater’s Hall of Fame on June 4.
Richie performed with The Commodores at the Apollo in the 1970s. James performed at the Apollo in 1957 and again in the 1960s. Her last album, “The Dreamer,” was released just three months before her death on Jan. 20. She was 73.
Past Apollo Legends Hall of Fame inductees include Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin and Patti Labelle.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here