*So how did the winning outfits on “Fashion Star” last week fare in stores the following day?
The winning designs from the March 13 series opener were purchased by buyers Caprice Willard of Macy’s, Nicole Christie of H&M and Terron E. Schaefer of Saks Fifth Avenue, and made available via their websites and store locations the following day.
Bottom line, all three retailers have sold out of at least one of the items they purchased during the premiere episode.
Macy’s spokesperson Holly Thomas told TV Guide, “Sales of ‘Fashion Star’ merchandise exceeded expectations.”
“The people who showed up were coming to buy,” executive producer Ben Silverman told TV Guide of viewers who bum-rushed the retailer’s websites. “The click-through rate on purchase was hundreds of percentage points higher than normal.”
Last week, Willard purchased three designs from the show’s contestants for Macy’s, and one of the outfits, a dress from designer contestant Nikki Poulos, was priced at $89 and “sold out in less than 12 hours, and other items have sold out in certain sizes,” according to Thomas. “Traffic to the store and the site has been very strong.”
Meanwhile, Saks Fifth Avenue also sold out of its $350 miniskirts designed by contestant Orly Shani, and H&M sold out of its $19.95 dress by Sarah Parrott. However, none of the three retailers would disclose how many of its winning designs they actually ordered and had in stock, TV Guide reported.
As previously reported, “Fashion Star” filmed its entire season in July and August so that there would be enough time to sell the winning fashions the following day. Below, Willard says the six month lead time was vital to the show’s overall success.
The winner of “Fashion Star” gets a multi-million dollar contract to launch their own line in Macy’s, H&M and Saks Fifth Avenue.
As far as ratings, it won its time period in the Adults 18-49 demographic, but averaged only 4.55 million viewers during last week’s special 9:30-11 p.m. premiere.
“Fashion Star’s” second episode will air tonight at 10 p.m. on NBC.
Caprice Willard talks about her style and fashion influences below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Gave ‘B*tch’ Lyric Her Blessing
- Nick Cannon and Stevie J Deny Acrimony During ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Taping
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here