That’s a huge commitment. But right off the top, two well-known African American will take on the task of introducing two new channels as majority owners.
Diddy and Magic will be making the dream work as majority owners of the channels.
Coming in 2013, Diddy’s Revolt Network will be a pop culture and music channel.
“We’re gonna be like the CNN or ESPN of music,” the media mogul said.
But the two are both promising to open more opportunities for African Americans on television and behind the scenes.
In an interview with Jenée Desmond-Harris of The Root, Johnson explained that the opportunity is a combination of a business venture and a service to the Black community.
“It has to be business first because of the fact that if I don’t make sound business decisions or if we don’t do it right, then we’re out of business. So that has to be
first. Second, it is for the community. The community wants Aspire to be successful — it’s for them. It gives [the African-American creative community] a platform, where they can be on TV, they can sell me shows, they can create shows and they can work the camera behind the scenes, and on and on. So there are job opportunities, and that’s part of the blessing of Aspire. Also, we need programming that will inspire people — will make them think, cry, make them feel good. That’s what we’re trying to provide.”
Read/learn more at TheRoot.
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here