That’s a huge commitment. But right off the top, two well-known African American will take on the task of introducing two new channels as majority owners.
Diddy and Magic will be making the dream work as majority owners of the channels.
Coming in 2013, Diddy’s Revolt Network will be a pop culture and music channel.
“We’re gonna be like the CNN or ESPN of music,” the media mogul said.
But the two are both promising to open more opportunities for African Americans on television and behind the scenes.
In an interview with Jenée Desmond-Harris of The Root, Johnson explained that the opportunity is a combination of a business venture and a service to the Black community.
“It has to be business first because of the fact that if I don’t make sound business decisions or if we don’t do it right, then we’re out of business. So that has to be
first. Second, it is for the community. The community wants Aspire to be successful — it’s for them. It gives [the African-American creative community] a platform, where they can be on TV, they can sell me shows, they can create shows and they can work the camera behind the scenes, and on and on. So there are job opportunities, and that’s part of the blessing of Aspire. Also, we need programming that will inspire people — will make them think, cry, make them feel good. That’s what we’re trying to provide.”
Read/learn more at TheRoot.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- Cynthia Bailey, Stacey Dash Cast in Syfy’s ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
- Lee Daniels Writes Apology Letter to Sean Penn, Ending Defamation Suit
- Kanye West Reportedly Fired Security Guard for Trying to Talk to His Wife
- Prince Being Added to Apollo Theater’s Walk of Fame
- Jay Z To Tell ‘His Side ’ of Beyonce Marriage in New Album (Report)
- Heartbreaking: Teen Bullied on Social Media Over Her Prom Photo
- Lawrence Adjah, Founder of Our Family Dinner, Seeks to Re-Connect Millennials
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here