That’s a huge commitment. But right off the top, two well-known African American will take on the task of introducing two new channels as majority owners.
Diddy and Magic will be making the dream work as majority owners of the channels.
Coming in 2013, Diddy’s Revolt Network will be a pop culture and music channel.
“We’re gonna be like the CNN or ESPN of music,” the media mogul said.
But the two are both promising to open more opportunities for African Americans on television and behind the scenes.
In an interview with Jenée Desmond-Harris of The Root, Johnson explained that the opportunity is a combination of a business venture and a service to the Black community.
“It has to be business first because of the fact that if I don’t make sound business decisions or if we don’t do it right, then we’re out of business. So that has to be
first. Second, it is for the community. The community wants Aspire to be successful — it’s for them. It gives [the African-American creative community] a platform, where they can be on TV, they can sell me shows, they can create shows and they can work the camera behind the scenes, and on and on. So there are job opportunities, and that’s part of the blessing of Aspire. Also, we need programming that will inspire people — will make them think, cry, make them feel good. That’s what we’re trying to provide.”
Read/learn more at TheRoot.
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here