*Earth, Wind & Fire creator Maurice White is being sued over allegations he failed to pay thousands of dollars to the producer of some of the group’s biggest hits — a producer who died 36 years ago, reports TMZ.
The children of Charles Stepney, producer of EWF hits from 1974 through his death in 1976 – including “Shining Star,” “Devotion” and “Sing a Song” – claim they recently discovered that their father never received any royalty checks for his work.
Now, they want Maurice, along with Sony Music Holdings, Inc., to pay all of the royalties owed to Stepney dating back to 1974.
So far, no comment from Maurice White’s camp.
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here