*Earth, Wind & Fire creator Maurice White is being sued over allegations he failed to pay thousands of dollars to the producer of some of the group’s biggest hits — a producer who died 36 years ago, reports TMZ.
The children of Charles Stepney, producer of EWF hits from 1974 through his death in 1976 – including “Shining Star,” “Devotion” and “Sing a Song” – claim they recently discovered that their father never received any royalty checks for his work.
Now, they want Maurice, along with Sony Music Holdings, Inc., to pay all of the royalties owed to Stepney dating back to 1974.
So far, no comment from Maurice White’s camp.
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here