*Earth, Wind & Fire creator Maurice White is being sued over allegations he failed to pay thousands of dollars to the producer of some of the group’s biggest hits — a producer who died 36 years ago, reports TMZ.
The children of Charles Stepney, producer of EWF hits from 1974 through his death in 1976 – including “Shining Star,” “Devotion” and “Sing a Song” – claim they recently discovered that their father never received any royalty checks for his work.
Now, they want Maurice, along with Sony Music Holdings, Inc., to pay all of the royalties owed to Stepney dating back to 1974.
So far, no comment from Maurice White’s camp.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here