*Meagan Good has landed her first regular gig on the small screen – the lead role in NBC’s drama pilot “Notorious,” reports Deadline.com.
From Universal TV, “Notorious” is described as an opulent soap in which detective Joanna Locasto (Good) returns undercover to the wealthy and troubled Lawson family she grew up in — as the housekeeper’s daughter — to solve the murder of celebutante Vivian Lawson, who was once her closest friend.
Good is currently working a season-long arc on Showtime’s “Californication” and will next be seen on the big screen in the April 20 release “Think Like A Man.”
In addition to “Notorious,” two other hourlong pilots are toplined by African American stars: Fox’s “Guilty,” to star Cuba Gooding Jr., and ABC’s “Last Resort,” led by Andre Braugher. Additionally, Kerry Washington is the star of ABC’s upcoming midseason drama series “Scandal.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here