Despite being the breakout artist she is, Fiona decided to take it easy this time around and do her own thing.
“I was actually pretty relaxed going into this album,” she said. Although she had some nervousness at the beginning of the recording process, the album preparation, two Grammy wins, and overall support from fans and peers pushed all of that anxiety to the wayside. “My confidence built actually the longer it took me to come out.”
This album is all about her experiences in life, love, struggle, and music. Jack Splash worked on the album with her, bringing out the best of her creativity.
“We get in there and we talk about life. We talk about experiences and relationships,” she explained. “The next thing you know, we’re sharing stories and putting them on paper as he plays music.” Melanie and Jack have worked together before, but you can hear their latest collaboration in their naughty song “Bones.”
Overall, Fiona is satisfied with her success as her music has a tendency to speak to the common folk.
Check out the full story here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- Beyonce's Lemonade Drama, Prince Updates, Boycotting Target and More! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here