*As reported earlier, the USA network today announced that Friday, May 11, is the new premiere date for its new series “Common Law,” which stars Michael Ealy and Warren Kole as a pair of dysfunctional Los Angeles police detectives who are put into couples therapy because they don’t get along.
“It’s not so much that they don’t get along,” counters Ealy, who comes to the show from his recurring run on CBS’ “The Good Wife.” “They have to get along in order to solve the crimes, and they work well together. But, they disagree on the methodology in solving the crimes, they disagree about what somebody’s wearing, I mean we will argue over anything.”
As the cliché goes, the arguments are never really about the topic being argued. It’s the job of their therapist, played by Sonya Walger, to get to the root of their issue.
“Every episode I think we get closer and closer,” Ealy tells EURweb.
Adds Kole: “It’s a chipping away at these guys. You know, ‘Be aware of this. Be aware of that, next time.’ But, we really haven’t gotten to the pulp of what’s bugging them because the problems are within themselves, not necessarily with each other.”
Will their characters ever learn how to get along? Ealy gives his take in the audio below. [Scroll down to watch a promo.]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here