*As reported earlier, the USA network today announced that Friday, May 11, is the new premiere date for its new series “Common Law,” which stars Michael Ealy and Warren Kole as a pair of dysfunctional Los Angeles police detectives who are put into couples therapy because they don’t get along.
“It’s not so much that they don’t get along,” counters Ealy, who comes to the show from his recurring run on CBS’ “The Good Wife.” “They have to get along in order to solve the crimes, and they work well together. But, they disagree on the methodology in solving the crimes, they disagree about what somebody’s wearing, I mean we will argue over anything.”
As the cliché goes, the arguments are never really about the topic being argued. It’s the job of their therapist, played by Sonya Walger, to get to the root of their issue.
“Every episode I think we get closer and closer,” Ealy tells EURweb.
Adds Kole: “It’s a chipping away at these guys. You know, ‘Be aware of this. Be aware of that, next time.’ But, we really haven’t gotten to the pulp of what’s bugging them because the problems are within themselves, not necessarily with each other.”
Will their characters ever learn how to get along? Ealy gives his take in the audio below. [Scroll down to watch a promo.]
- Adrian Peterson is the Father, Says Massage Therapist
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here