In his latest attempt to remain relevant, you could say, the former heavy weight champion will star in a one-man show about himself at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Really? Yes, really.
“Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth — Live on Stage” will run April 13-18 in the 740-seat Hollywood Theatre, offering the man himself telling what it’s like to have been feared, reviled and pitied in a career that may be boxing’s answer to Sophocles’ “Oedipus” cycle.
The director and co-writer (with Tyson’s wife, Kiki), is L.A.-based playwright Randy Johnson, creator of “Elvis the Concert” and “One Night With Janis Joplin.”
After the Las Vegas run, Johnson said, “we’ll review what happened, look at the next steps, and move forward. The hopes for this are to tour the world — the fan base is staggering.”
He also said audiences have plenty to look forward to, promising it won’t be cheesy with a bunch of shadow boxing.
“We’re keeping this authentic.”
Ok, now it’s beginning to sound really interesting.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here