In his latest attempt to remain relevant, you could say, the former heavy weight champion will star in a one-man show about himself at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Really? Yes, really.
“Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth — Live on Stage” will run April 13-18 in the 740-seat Hollywood Theatre, offering the man himself telling what it’s like to have been feared, reviled and pitied in a career that may be boxing’s answer to Sophocles’ “Oedipus” cycle.
The director and co-writer (with Tyson’s wife, Kiki), is L.A.-based playwright Randy Johnson, creator of “Elvis the Concert” and “One Night With Janis Joplin.”
After the Las Vegas run, Johnson said, “we’ll review what happened, look at the next steps, and move forward. The hopes for this are to tour the world — the fan base is staggering.”
He also said audiences have plenty to look forward to, promising it won’t be cheesy with a bunch of shadow boxing.
“We’re keeping this authentic.”
Ok, now it’s beginning to sound really interesting.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here