The 74-year-old actor has decided to close his 10-year running upscale “Madidi” restaurant in Clarksdale, MS.
The one-of-a-kind spot seemed to bring a little class to the impoverished Mississippi Delta, and according to locals and the owner, it gave the residents a sense of pride.
Freeman and his business partner, Bill Luckett hosted a closing party Wednesday night to celebrate the years of business and relationships the restaurant established while serving the community.
Luckett said the restaurant “has never made money,” and neither he nor Freeman has the time to run and manage it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here