The 74-year-old actor has decided to close his 10-year running upscale “Madidi” restaurant in Clarksdale, MS.
The one-of-a-kind spot seemed to bring a little class to the impoverished Mississippi Delta, and according to locals and the owner, it gave the residents a sense of pride.
Freeman and his business partner, Bill Luckett hosted a closing party Wednesday night to celebrate the years of business and relationships the restaurant established while serving the community.
Luckett said the restaurant “has never made money,” and neither he nor Freeman has the time to run and manage it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here