The 74-year-old actor has decided to close his 10-year running upscale “Madidi” restaurant in Clarksdale, MS.
The one-of-a-kind spot seemed to bring a little class to the impoverished Mississippi Delta, and according to locals and the owner, it gave the residents a sense of pride.
Freeman and his business partner, Bill Luckett hosted a closing party Wednesday night to celebrate the years of business and relationships the restaurant established while serving the community.
Luckett said the restaurant “has never made money,” and neither he nor Freeman has the time to run and manage it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson’s Debate Entrance Mocked on Daytime and Late Night TV (Watch)
- Sheryl Lee Ralph's Diva Foundation & Better Brothers LA Share the Top 6 Reasons for the 2nd Annual Truth Awards
- Judge Tosses Janice Dickinson’s Amended Complaint Against Cosby
- Cam Newton Says 'Show Me a Good Loser and I’ll Show You a Loser'
- EUR Exclusive: Chrisette Michele Talks Wedding, New Single & More (WATCH)
- Beyonce's 'Formation': How Being 'Unapologetically Black' Can Empower Black Women
- Stars Come Out for TV One's New Series 'Here We Go Again' in Atlanta (Pics)
- Overbrook Entertainment (Will Smith's Co.) 'Lacks Diversity' (Watch)
- The Socialist's Journal: The Problem for Democrats
- Ex-NFLer Bill Romanowski Calls Cam Newton ‘Boy’ in Racist Rant, Later Apologizes
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here