The 74-year-old actor has decided to close his 10-year running upscale “Madidi” restaurant in Clarksdale, MS.
The one-of-a-kind spot seemed to bring a little class to the impoverished Mississippi Delta, and according to locals and the owner, it gave the residents a sense of pride.
Freeman and his business partner, Bill Luckett hosted a closing party Wednesday night to celebrate the years of business and relationships the restaurant established while serving the community.
Luckett said the restaurant “has never made money,” and neither he nor Freeman has the time to run and manage it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here