The 74-year-old actor has decided to close his 10-year running upscale “Madidi” restaurant in Clarksdale, MS.
The one-of-a-kind spot seemed to bring a little class to the impoverished Mississippi Delta, and according to locals and the owner, it gave the residents a sense of pride.
Freeman and his business partner, Bill Luckett hosted a closing party Wednesday night to celebrate the years of business and relationships the restaurant established while serving the community.
Luckett said the restaurant “has never made money,” and neither he nor Freeman has the time to run and manage it.
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here