The 74-year-old actor has decided to close his 10-year running upscale “Madidi” restaurant in Clarksdale, MS.
The one-of-a-kind spot seemed to bring a little class to the impoverished Mississippi Delta, and according to locals and the owner, it gave the residents a sense of pride.
Freeman and his business partner, Bill Luckett hosted a closing party Wednesday night to celebrate the years of business and relationships the restaurant established while serving the community.
Luckett said the restaurant “has never made money,” and neither he nor Freeman has the time to run and manage it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here