*According to The Christian Post, the grief-stricken mother of one of the three teens killed in Monday’s shooting spree inside an Ohio high school echoed the words Jesus spoke from the cross as she said she had forgiven the suspected gunman, T.J. Lane, who “didn’t know what he was doing.”
“I forgive him because, a lot of times, they don’t know what they’re doing,” said Phyllis Ferguson, the mother of 16-year-old Demetrius Hewlin who was pronounced dead in a hospital Tuesday, a day after the shooting incident at Chardon High School.
“I taught Demetrius not to live in the past, to live in today and forgiveness is divine,” Ferguson, who remembered her son as a “huggy, kissy boy … computer nerd,” told ABC News during an interview Wednesday. “You have to forgive everything. God’s grace is new each and every day. Until you’ve walked in another person’s shoes, you don’t know what made him come to this point.”
Read more at The Christian Post.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here