*According to The Christian Post, the grief-stricken mother of one of the three teens killed in Monday’s shooting spree inside an Ohio high school echoed the words Jesus spoke from the cross as she said she had forgiven the suspected gunman, T.J. Lane, who “didn’t know what he was doing.”
“I forgive him because, a lot of times, they don’t know what they’re doing,” said Phyllis Ferguson, the mother of 16-year-old Demetrius Hewlin who was pronounced dead in a hospital Tuesday, a day after the shooting incident at Chardon High School.
“I taught Demetrius not to live in the past, to live in today and forgiveness is divine,” Ferguson, who remembered her son as a “huggy, kissy boy … computer nerd,” told ABC News during an interview Wednesday. “You have to forgive everything. God’s grace is new each and every day. Until you’ve walked in another person’s shoes, you don’t know what made him come to this point.”
Read more at The Christian Post.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here