*According to The Christian Post, the grief-stricken mother of one of the three teens killed in Monday’s shooting spree inside an Ohio high school echoed the words Jesus spoke from the cross as she said she had forgiven the suspected gunman, T.J. Lane, who “didn’t know what he was doing.”
“I forgive him because, a lot of times, they don’t know what they’re doing,” said Phyllis Ferguson, the mother of 16-year-old Demetrius Hewlin who was pronounced dead in a hospital Tuesday, a day after the shooting incident at Chardon High School.
“I taught Demetrius not to live in the past, to live in today and forgiveness is divine,” Ferguson, who remembered her son as a “huggy, kissy boy … computer nerd,” told ABC News during an interview Wednesday. “You have to forgive everything. God’s grace is new each and every day. Until you’ve walked in another person’s shoes, you don’t know what made him come to this point.”
Read more at The Christian Post.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- L.A. Reid Confesses to Wendy He Failed Whitney Houston (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here