*According to The Christian Post, the grief-stricken mother of one of the three teens killed in Monday’s shooting spree inside an Ohio high school echoed the words Jesus spoke from the cross as she said she had forgiven the suspected gunman, T.J. Lane, who “didn’t know what he was doing.”
“I forgive him because, a lot of times, they don’t know what they’re doing,” said Phyllis Ferguson, the mother of 16-year-old Demetrius Hewlin who was pronounced dead in a hospital Tuesday, a day after the shooting incident at Chardon High School.
“I taught Demetrius not to live in the past, to live in today and forgiveness is divine,” Ferguson, who remembered her son as a “huggy, kissy boy … computer nerd,” told ABC News during an interview Wednesday. “You have to forgive everything. God’s grace is new each and every day. Until you’ve walked in another person’s shoes, you don’t know what made him come to this point.”
Read more at The Christian Post.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here