*According to The Christian Post, the grief-stricken mother of one of the three teens killed in Monday’s shooting spree inside an Ohio high school echoed the words Jesus spoke from the cross as she said she had forgiven the suspected gunman, T.J. Lane, who “didn’t know what he was doing.”
“I forgive him because, a lot of times, they don’t know what they’re doing,” said Phyllis Ferguson, the mother of 16-year-old Demetrius Hewlin who was pronounced dead in a hospital Tuesday, a day after the shooting incident at Chardon High School.
“I taught Demetrius not to live in the past, to live in today and forgiveness is divine,” Ferguson, who remembered her son as a “huggy, kissy boy … computer nerd,” told ABC News during an interview Wednesday. “You have to forgive everything. God’s grace is new each and every day. Until you’ve walked in another person’s shoes, you don’t know what made him come to this point.”
Read more at The Christian Post.
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here