*Oscar-winner Octavia Spencer was honored today by her home state of Alabama.
About 400 people turned up at the Alabama Statehouse to celebrate the actress, who won this year’s best supporting actress Oscar for her performance as a maid in “The Help.”
She rolled up to the Statehouse in a pink limousine for the ceremony. As she stepped out, she was serenaded by the band from her alma mater, Jefferson Davis High School.
A Montgomery native, Spencer told the crowd that she would do whatever she could to see that more movies are made in Alabama. She also cautioned young people in the audience to think twice before heading to Hollywood to become a movie star.
Spencer was also honored by a joint session of the Legislature, and Gov. Robert Bentley declared today Octavia Spencer Day.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Karrine Steffans: ‘I Was One of Jay Z’s Beckys Back in 2000’
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here