*Oftentimes, people in the mainstream world get ethnic folk mixed up, thinking they’re the same people, even when they look nothing alike. A classic example of this has taken place with and Octavia Spencer felt obligated to clear things up.
In a “Dear Hollywood” letter post on Twitter, the newly named Oscar winner told her fans and followers that she and Sherri Shepherd are “not the same person, but we are dear friends, LOL.”
So how did this mix up even happen?
Shepherd told “The View” audience that while covering the red carpet at the Academy Awards, several celebrities approached the actress congratulating her for her “The Help” nomination for best supporting actress. Problem is, she wasn’t in the movie.
“So many people would say to me on the red carpet, ‘do you think you’re gonna win tonight?’ They thought I was Octavia Spencer,” Shepherd explained.
This isn’t the first time Spencer experienced a case of mistaken identity.
“LMAO @SherriEShepherd: the yr Mo won, people told me i was great in Precious … loved when i threw the tv down the stairs,” Spencer later tweeted, referring to Mo’Nique’s role in the 2009 film, “Precious.”
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here