*Rapper Rick Ross will not have to change his stage name.
An L.A. County Superior Court judge has dismissed a lawsuit against the hip hop star from former drug dealer “Freeway” Rick Ross, who attempted to claim ownership of the Rick Ross name.
But the judge today threw the lawsuit out, making it the second time Freeway Rick has lost a legal battle against the rapper, born William Leonard Roberts. In November 2010, a judge also dismissed a $10 million federal trademark infringement lawsuit against rapper Rick Ross.
The earlier ruling stated that Freeway Ricky Ross could not legally trademark his name, because he became popular due to “illegal activity,” which the judge said could not be used to establish a “secondary meaning.”
Freeway Ricky Ross re-filed the lawsuit in California Superior Court, because his attorneys said California law would afford him more protection for his name.
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here