*Rapper Rick Ross will not have to change his stage name.
An L.A. County Superior Court judge has dismissed a lawsuit against the hip hop star from former drug dealer “Freeway” Rick Ross, who attempted to claim ownership of the Rick Ross name.
But the judge today threw the lawsuit out, making it the second time Freeway Rick has lost a legal battle against the rapper, born William Leonard Roberts. In November 2010, a judge also dismissed a $10 million federal trademark infringement lawsuit against rapper Rick Ross.
The earlier ruling stated that Freeway Ricky Ross could not legally trademark his name, because he became popular due to “illegal activity,” which the judge said could not be used to establish a “secondary meaning.”
Freeway Ricky Ross re-filed the lawsuit in California Superior Court, because his attorneys said California law would afford him more protection for his name.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ohio Son (Trey Potter) Takes Mom (MelRo Potter) to Her First Prom (WATCH)
- DEA Joins Prince Ivestigation; Kendrick Lamar Joined Him in New Video (WATCH)
- Tyler Perry's Atlanta Mansion Sells at Historic Proportions! (Pictures)
- Larry Wilmore: Shut Up! - N**ger * N**ga Are Two Different Things
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here