*Rapper Rick Ross will not have to change his stage name.
An L.A. County Superior Court judge has dismissed a lawsuit against the hip hop star from former drug dealer “Freeway” Rick Ross, who attempted to claim ownership of the Rick Ross name.
But the judge today threw the lawsuit out, making it the second time Freeway Rick has lost a legal battle against the rapper, born William Leonard Roberts. In November 2010, a judge also dismissed a $10 million federal trademark infringement lawsuit against rapper Rick Ross.
The earlier ruling stated that Freeway Ricky Ross could not legally trademark his name, because he became popular due to “illegal activity,” which the judge said could not be used to establish a “secondary meaning.”
Freeway Ricky Ross re-filed the lawsuit in California Superior Court, because his attorneys said California law would afford him more protection for his name.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here