The thespian shared publicly in the past that she has a desire to portray a trailblazing legend: the first black New York congresswoman and presidential candidate, Shirley Chisholm.
Now her dream could be realized.
In an interview with EURweb’s film guru, Kam Williams, it was actress Kerry Washington who revealed that King will be doing her idol in an upcoming biopic.
“I just heard that Regina King is doing Shirley Chisholm, perfect casting, which is another story that has to be told,” she said.
The only other public mention of a Chisholm biopic was back in 2010, when Viola Davis was considered to portray the political leader.
Nothing is official yet, but maybe Washington has the inside word. We’ll see.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here