The thespian shared publicly in the past that she has a desire to portray a trailblazing legend: the first black New York congresswoman and presidential candidate, Shirley Chisholm.
Now her dream could be realized.
In an interview with EURweb’s film guru, Kam Williams, it was actress Kerry Washington who revealed that King will be doing her idol in an upcoming biopic.
“I just heard that Regina King is doing Shirley Chisholm, perfect casting, which is another story that has to be told,” she said.
The only other public mention of a Chisholm biopic was back in 2010, when Viola Davis was considered to portray the political leader.
Nothing is official yet, but maybe Washington has the inside word. We’ll see.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here