The recently awarded Oscar winning actress actually lost a lot of weight after undergoing that risky gastric bypass surgery. But it seemed like losing more was not attainable because her diet reportedly hasn’t changed.
With her 5 ft 2 in frame, she weighs now 165lbs.
According to the National Enquirer, after having the surgery, she maintained a strict liquid diet before the bad eating habits began to creep back in.
“The problem is Octavia is always hungry, and she doesn’t want to eat a salad or fish for dinner,” the magazine’s source said. “Octavia likes her favorites – fried chicken, mashed potatoes and hot rolls with plenty of butter. Once you have that surgery, you can’t eat like that.”
The source went on to describe how the actress’ craving for fried chicken was once so extreme, she blended the meat so that she could enjoy it on her liquid diet.
“Soon she was doing that with everything she liked,” they said. “Before long, she was back on solid food and her stomach stretched out.”
According to the University of California San Francisco Medical Center, gastric bypass patients must consume nothing but clear liquids for the first week after surgery.
In the second to third week, they may start introducing thicker liquids to their diet, and then solid food.
The medical facility’s advice reads:
“Take only two to three bites at a time of any new food and then wait 10 minutes before consuming more … This is important because your stomach is very small, with a capacity of less than a 1/4 cup or 60 cubic centimeters, and the opening that allows passage of food out of your stomach is very narrow.”
Spencer’s rep has not responded to press requests for comment on the article, so far.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here