*Amid criticism of MSNBC’s Al Sharpton blurring the line between journalism and activism in covering the Trayvon Martin case, parent network NBC has announced that news magazine “Rock Center with Brian Williams” will gather some of its black on-air personalities to offer “a personal perspective” on the case, “and what it says about the African-American experience.”
The segment, airing Wednesday (March 28) at 10 p.m., will feature NBC Sports commentator Tony Dungy, NBC News Correspondents Ron Allen, Tamron Hall, and Lester Holt, and David Wilson, executive editor of theGrio.com.
As previously reported, Sharpton has come under fire for his coverage of the case on MSNBC’s “PoliticsNation.” CNN host Howard Kurtz said on his show Reliable Sources, “How on earth can Al Sharpton be an activist, stand with the parents, and he asks people to contribute money, and he went to the Justice Department with the parents of Trayvon Martin. And then he does his show, and then he speaks at the rally again. He’s covering himself. How can MSNBC allow that?”
Below, Trayvon Martin’s parents return to Sharpton’s “PoliticsNation” for Monday’s broadcast.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Azealia Banks Advises Beyonce to 'Stay Under Jay-z’s Foot'
- Man Who Read Book at Beyonce Concert Explains; Reveals Title
- Video of Prince’s Emergency Landing in Illinois Released (Watch)
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers, Grace Gealey Share Honeymoon Pics from Europe
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here