*Amid criticism of MSNBC’s Al Sharpton blurring the line between journalism and activism in covering the Trayvon Martin case, parent network NBC has announced that news magazine “Rock Center with Brian Williams” will gather some of its black on-air personalities to offer “a personal perspective” on the case, “and what it says about the African-American experience.”
The segment, airing Wednesday (March 28) at 10 p.m., will feature NBC Sports commentator Tony Dungy, NBC News Correspondents Ron Allen, Tamron Hall, and Lester Holt, and David Wilson, executive editor of theGrio.com.
As previously reported, Sharpton has come under fire for his coverage of the case on MSNBC’s “PoliticsNation.” CNN host Howard Kurtz said on his show Reliable Sources, “How on earth can Al Sharpton be an activist, stand with the parents, and he asks people to contribute money, and he went to the Justice Department with the parents of Trayvon Martin. And then he does his show, and then he speaks at the rally again. He’s covering himself. How can MSNBC allow that?”
Below, Trayvon Martin’s parents return to Sharpton’s “PoliticsNation” for Monday’s broadcast.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here