*Amid criticism of MSNBC’s Al Sharpton blurring the line between journalism and activism in covering the Trayvon Martin case, parent network NBC has announced that news magazine “Rock Center with Brian Williams” will gather some of its black on-air personalities to offer “a personal perspective” on the case, “and what it says about the African-American experience.”
The segment, airing Wednesday (March 28) at 10 p.m., will feature NBC Sports commentator Tony Dungy, NBC News Correspondents Ron Allen, Tamron Hall, and Lester Holt, and David Wilson, executive editor of theGrio.com.
As previously reported, Sharpton has come under fire for his coverage of the case on MSNBC’s “PoliticsNation.” CNN host Howard Kurtz said on his show Reliable Sources, “How on earth can Al Sharpton be an activist, stand with the parents, and he asks people to contribute money, and he went to the Justice Department with the parents of Trayvon Martin. And then he does his show, and then he speaks at the rally again. He’s covering himself. How can MSNBC allow that?”
Below, Trayvon Martin’s parents return to Sharpton’s “PoliticsNation” for Monday’s broadcast.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here