*Amid criticism of MSNBC’s Al Sharpton blurring the line between journalism and activism in covering the Trayvon Martin case, parent network NBC has announced that news magazine “Rock Center with Brian Williams” will gather some of its black on-air personalities to offer “a personal perspective” on the case, “and what it says about the African-American experience.”
The segment, airing Wednesday (March 28) at 10 p.m., will feature NBC Sports commentator Tony Dungy, NBC News Correspondents Ron Allen, Tamron Hall, and Lester Holt, and David Wilson, executive editor of theGrio.com.
As previously reported, Sharpton has come under fire for his coverage of the case on MSNBC’s “PoliticsNation.” CNN host Howard Kurtz said on his show Reliable Sources, “How on earth can Al Sharpton be an activist, stand with the parents, and he asks people to contribute money, and he went to the Justice Department with the parents of Trayvon Martin. And then he does his show, and then he speaks at the rally again. He’s covering himself. How can MSNBC allow that?”
Below, Trayvon Martin’s parents return to Sharpton’s “PoliticsNation” for Monday’s broadcast.
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here