*Amid criticism of MSNBC’s Al Sharpton blurring the line between journalism and activism in covering the Trayvon Martin case, parent network NBC has announced that news magazine “Rock Center with Brian Williams” will gather some of its black on-air personalities to offer “a personal perspective” on the case, “and what it says about the African-American experience.”
The segment, airing Wednesday (March 28) at 10 p.m., will feature NBC Sports commentator Tony Dungy, NBC News Correspondents Ron Allen, Tamron Hall, and Lester Holt, and David Wilson, executive editor of theGrio.com.
As previously reported, Sharpton has come under fire for his coverage of the case on MSNBC’s “PoliticsNation.” CNN host Howard Kurtz said on his show Reliable Sources, “How on earth can Al Sharpton be an activist, stand with the parents, and he asks people to contribute money, and he went to the Justice Department with the parents of Trayvon Martin. And then he does his show, and then he speaks at the rally again. He’s covering himself. How can MSNBC allow that?”
Below, Trayvon Martin’s parents return to Sharpton’s “PoliticsNation” for Monday’s broadcast.
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Watch Killing)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here