*Rosie O’Donnell shot a video to tamp down all the talk surrounding the cancellation of her talk show on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network.
“It was fair,” said O’Donnell from the Chicago set of The Rosie Show.
“Listen: Oprah gave me an amazing shot at doing this. She really did. She put me back on TV. She believed in me. I didn’t even know if I could do it again,” she added.
OWN broke the news on Friday, announcing it had pulled the plug on O’Donnell’s show, which had been tweaked to include more one-on-one interviews over the course of five months, resulting in dismal average ratings of 190,000 viewers.
“And off I came here to Chicago, with the best of intentions, trying, really, to do … what I thought would be kind of easy for me,” said O’Donnell. “But it wasn’t really that easy. We sort of started off the wrong way. We were kind of trying to do a little bit of what we had done 15 years ago, and you can’t do it.”
She and the Rosie team switched up the show’s format in recent months, and “by that time we had lost a lot of momentum,” she noted. “Here’s the bottom line: it’s a business, right? It didn’t make financial sense to continue the show as it was because of the amount of viewers.”
Nevertheless, she continued, “Oprah has treated me with nothing but respect and with dignity from day one. … It’s not a nightmare — it’s a good thing.”
Watch O’Donnell’s post-OWN cancellation response below.
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here