*Rosie O’Donnell shot a video to tamp down all the talk surrounding the cancellation of her talk show on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network.
“It was fair,” said O’Donnell from the Chicago set of The Rosie Show.
“Listen: Oprah gave me an amazing shot at doing this. She really did. She put me back on TV. She believed in me. I didn’t even know if I could do it again,” she added.
OWN broke the news on Friday, announcing it had pulled the plug on O’Donnell’s show, which had been tweaked to include more one-on-one interviews over the course of five months, resulting in dismal average ratings of 190,000 viewers.
“And off I came here to Chicago, with the best of intentions, trying, really, to do … what I thought would be kind of easy for me,” said O’Donnell. “But it wasn’t really that easy. We sort of started off the wrong way. We were kind of trying to do a little bit of what we had done 15 years ago, and you can’t do it.”
She and the Rosie team switched up the show’s format in recent months, and “by that time we had lost a lot of momentum,” she noted. “Here’s the bottom line: it’s a business, right? It didn’t make financial sense to continue the show as it was because of the amount of viewers.”
Nevertheless, she continued, “Oprah has treated me with nothing but respect and with dignity from day one. … It’s not a nightmare — it’s a good thing.”
Watch O’Donnell’s post-OWN cancellation response below.
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here