*Rosie O’Donnell shot a video to tamp down all the talk surrounding the cancellation of her talk show on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network.
“It was fair,” said O’Donnell from the Chicago set of The Rosie Show.
“Listen: Oprah gave me an amazing shot at doing this. She really did. She put me back on TV. She believed in me. I didn’t even know if I could do it again,” she added.
OWN broke the news on Friday, announcing it had pulled the plug on O’Donnell’s show, which had been tweaked to include more one-on-one interviews over the course of five months, resulting in dismal average ratings of 190,000 viewers.
“And off I came here to Chicago, with the best of intentions, trying, really, to do … what I thought would be kind of easy for me,” said O’Donnell. “But it wasn’t really that easy. We sort of started off the wrong way. We were kind of trying to do a little bit of what we had done 15 years ago, and you can’t do it.”
She and the Rosie team switched up the show’s format in recent months, and “by that time we had lost a lot of momentum,” she noted. “Here’s the bottom line: it’s a business, right? It didn’t make financial sense to continue the show as it was because of the amount of viewers.”
Nevertheless, she continued, “Oprah has treated me with nothing but respect and with dignity from day one. … It’s not a nightmare — it’s a good thing.”
Watch O’Donnell’s post-OWN cancellation response below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here