*As TMZ so aptly observes, it’s never a good sign when a singer has had more tax liens than platinum albums.
But, unfortunately that’s the situation former “American Idol” champ Ruben Studdard has finds himself in these days.
According to docs filed in Alabama, Studdard and his estranged wife Zuri owe $180,216.73 in federal taxes for the year 2009.
You see, Studdard is no stranger to tax problems in Alabama — he had a property lien filed against him back in 2008 to the tune of nearly $200,000.
If you recall, Ruben and Zuri went their separate ways back in November.
And for the record, calls to Studdard’s camp were not returned.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here