*Although she’s been a parent to son Julez for seven years, singer Solange says she’s keeping her mouth shut when it comes to giving parental advice to her big sister Beyonce.
“I really feel like because I had my son so young, I didn’t want everyone’s help. I think people felt entitled to give advice, so I’m always very sensitive to moms and letting them feel their way out,” she told ES magazine. “But there have been times when she’ll ask, ‘Did Julez do this? Did this ever happen with Julez?’ And I’ll gladly give her advice. I’m in a really good place, and I think things are evolving because of that.”
Solange, who is now separated from Julez’s dad, Daniel Smith, says she loves visiting her niece Blue Ivy and likes to spend as much time possible with Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z.
”Actually, I invited them over for dinner tonight,” she said. “I’m excited to see her; I haven’t seen her in a week and half. You know, my sister and I truly are best friends.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here