*Spike Lee has apologized for retweeting what was thought to be the personal address of Trayvon Martin’s killer George Zimmerman. The address turned out to be an elderly couple’s residence.
I Deeply Apologize To The McClain Family For Retweeting Their Address. It Was A Mistake. Please Leave The McClain’s In Peace. Justice In Court
As previously reported, Lee retweeted the wrong info to his 240,000-plus followers last Friday. The original tweet–posted the same day by Marcus Davonne Higgins, a 33-year-old from Los Angeles, using the Twitter handle @Maccapone–was sent to several celebrities including Lee, 50 Cent and LeBron James. Higgins urged friends on Facebook to “REACH OUT & TOUCH” Zimmerman.
The couple–David McClain, 72, and his 70-year-old wife Elaine–had been living in fear after their Sanford, Fla., address, via Lee, was widely disseminated.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here