*Spike Lee has apologized for retweeting what was thought to be the personal address of Trayvon Martin’s killer George Zimmerman. The address turned out to be an elderly couple’s residence.
I Deeply Apologize To The McClain Family For Retweeting Their Address. It Was A Mistake. Please Leave The McClain’s In Peace. Justice In Court
As previously reported, Lee retweeted the wrong info to his 240,000-plus followers last Friday. The original tweet–posted the same day by Marcus Davonne Higgins, a 33-year-old from Los Angeles, using the Twitter handle @Maccapone–was sent to several celebrities including Lee, 50 Cent and LeBron James. Higgins urged friends on Facebook to “REACH OUT & TOUCH” Zimmerman.
The couple–David McClain, 72, and his 70-year-old wife Elaine–had been living in fear after their Sanford, Fla., address, via Lee, was widely disseminated.
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here