*Spike Lee has apologized for retweeting what was thought to be the personal address of Trayvon Martin’s killer George Zimmerman. The address turned out to be an elderly couple’s residence.
I Deeply Apologize To The McClain Family For Retweeting Their Address. It Was A Mistake. Please Leave The McClain’s In Peace. Justice In Court
As previously reported, Lee retweeted the wrong info to his 240,000-plus followers last Friday. The original tweet–posted the same day by Marcus Davonne Higgins, a 33-year-old from Los Angeles, using the Twitter handle @Maccapone–was sent to several celebrities including Lee, 50 Cent and LeBron James. Higgins urged friends on Facebook to “REACH OUT & TOUCH” Zimmerman.
The couple–David McClain, 72, and his 70-year-old wife Elaine–had been living in fear after their Sanford, Fla., address, via Lee, was widely disseminated.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here