*Spike Lee has apologized for retweeting what was thought to be the personal address of Trayvon Martin’s killer George Zimmerman. The address turned out to be an elderly couple’s residence.
I Deeply Apologize To The McClain Family For Retweeting Their Address. It Was A Mistake. Please Leave The McClain’s In Peace. Justice In Court
As previously reported, Lee retweeted the wrong info to his 240,000-plus followers last Friday. The original tweet–posted the same day by Marcus Davonne Higgins, a 33-year-old from Los Angeles, using the Twitter handle @Maccapone–was sent to several celebrities including Lee, 50 Cent and LeBron James. Higgins urged friends on Facebook to “REACH OUT & TOUCH” Zimmerman.
The couple–David McClain, 72, and his 70-year-old wife Elaine–had been living in fear after their Sanford, Fla., address, via Lee, was widely disseminated.
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here