*Spike Lee has apologized for retweeting what was thought to be the personal address of Trayvon Martin’s killer George Zimmerman. The address turned out to be an elderly couple’s residence.
I Deeply Apologize To The McClain Family For Retweeting Their Address. It Was A Mistake. Please Leave The McClain’s In Peace. Justice In Court
As previously reported, Lee retweeted the wrong info to his 240,000-plus followers last Friday. The original tweet–posted the same day by Marcus Davonne Higgins, a 33-year-old from Los Angeles, using the Twitter handle @Maccapone–was sent to several celebrities including Lee, 50 Cent and LeBron James. Higgins urged friends on Facebook to “REACH OUT & TOUCH” Zimmerman.
The couple–David McClain, 72, and his 70-year-old wife Elaine–had been living in fear after their Sanford, Fla., address, via Lee, was widely disseminated.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here