*Spike Lee has apologized for retweeting what was thought to be the personal address of Trayvon Martin’s killer George Zimmerman. The address turned out to be an elderly couple’s residence.
I Deeply Apologize To The McClain Family For Retweeting Their Address. It Was A Mistake. Please Leave The McClain’s In Peace. Justice In Court
As previously reported, Lee retweeted the wrong info to his 240,000-plus followers last Friday. The original tweet–posted the same day by Marcus Davonne Higgins, a 33-year-old from Los Angeles, using the Twitter handle @Maccapone–was sent to several celebrities including Lee, 50 Cent and LeBron James. Higgins urged friends on Facebook to “REACH OUT & TOUCH” Zimmerman.
The couple–David McClain, 72, and his 70-year-old wife Elaine–had been living in fear after their Sanford, Fla., address, via Lee, was widely disseminated.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- No Reality Show For Amber Rose & Black Chyna; Scarface Honored & Arrested
- Fla. Teens Who Died After Being Hypnotized By Former Principal, Remembered at 'Homecoming' (Watch)
- Twitter Rejects Rita Ora’s Dream ‘Lady Marmalade’ Remake With Iggy Azalea, Miley Cyrus & Charli XCX
- Report: Paris Jackson On Verge of Meltdown; Hasn’t Seen Mom in Over a Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here