*Spike Lee has apologized for retweeting what was thought to be the personal address of Trayvon Martin’s killer George Zimmerman. The address turned out to be an elderly couple’s residence.
I Deeply Apologize To The McClain Family For Retweeting Their Address. It Was A Mistake. Please Leave The McClain’s In Peace. Justice In Court
As previously reported, Lee retweeted the wrong info to his 240,000-plus followers last Friday. The original tweet–posted the same day by Marcus Davonne Higgins, a 33-year-old from Los Angeles, using the Twitter handle @Maccapone–was sent to several celebrities including Lee, 50 Cent and LeBron James. Higgins urged friends on Facebook to “REACH OUT & TOUCH” Zimmerman.
The couple–David McClain, 72, and his 70-year-old wife Elaine–had been living in fear after their Sanford, Fla., address, via Lee, was widely disseminated.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here