Recently Francis attended the recording of this year’s “Celebration of Gospel” in Hollywood for the first time where some of her favorite gospel vocalists ( Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams and Marvin Sapp) were among the performers.
The aspiring entertainer was also a big fan of late pop legend Whitney Houston who Kelly Price paid tribute to during the event fittingly singing “Jesus Loves Me,” the last song Houston sang at Price’s Pre-Grammy party just two days before her untimely passing.
Francis, a 42-year-old mom from Brooklyn, NY has put the highly publicized confrontation between her and Houston that transpired at Price’s party behind her. During an interview on the blue carpet she was respectfully mum about the incident, choosing to reflect on a few inspiring words Houston said to her:
“The wonderful thing that I love about her — even on that night she said some things to me that were moving. She said God is a God of second chances.”
Indeed, Francis did not win X-Factor, has a television project in the works and music in development that may give her a send chance at stardom.
In one of her last televised performances, Whitney sang the R. Kelly penned song “I look to You” in a duet of with Kim Burrell at Celebration og Gospel in 2010.
Check out her interview on the blue carpet at BET’s Celebration of Gospel:
Kick off the Easter season with the 12th Annual Celebration fo Gospel, airing on BET on Palm Sunday, April 1. Check your local listings for airing times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- PETA Offers $5K for Info On Puppies Found in Sealed Aquarium in the Woods
- Patti LaBelle Has More for Walmart; Steph Curry Buys a Mansion
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain Tells Larry King Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here