Recently Francis attended the recording of this year’s “Celebration of Gospel” in Hollywood for the first time where some of her favorite gospel vocalists ( Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams and Marvin Sapp) were among the performers.
The aspiring entertainer was also a big fan of late pop legend Whitney Houston who Kelly Price paid tribute to during the event fittingly singing “Jesus Loves Me,” the last song Houston sang at Price’s Pre-Grammy party just two days before her untimely passing.
Francis, a 42-year-old mom from Brooklyn, NY has put the highly publicized confrontation between her and Houston that transpired at Price’s party behind her. During an interview on the blue carpet she was respectfully mum about the incident, choosing to reflect on a few inspiring words Houston said to her:
“The wonderful thing that I love about her — even on that night she said some things to me that were moving. She said God is a God of second chances.”
Indeed, Francis did not win X-Factor, has a television project in the works and music in development that may give her a send chance at stardom.
In one of her last televised performances, Whitney sang the R. Kelly penned song “I look to You” in a duet of with Kim Burrell at Celebration og Gospel in 2010.
Check out her interview on the blue carpet at BET’s Celebration of Gospel:
Kick off the Easter season with the 12th Annual Celebration fo Gospel, airing on BET on Palm Sunday, April 1. Check your local listings for airing times.
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here