Recently Francis attended the recording of this year’s “Celebration of Gospel” in Hollywood for the first time where some of her favorite gospel vocalists ( Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams and Marvin Sapp) were among the performers.
The aspiring entertainer was also a big fan of late pop legend Whitney Houston who Kelly Price paid tribute to during the event fittingly singing “Jesus Loves Me,” the last song Houston sang at Price’s Pre-Grammy party just two days before her untimely passing.
Francis, a 42-year-old mom from Brooklyn, NY has put the highly publicized confrontation between her and Houston that transpired at Price’s party behind her. During an interview on the blue carpet she was respectfully mum about the incident, choosing to reflect on a few inspiring words Houston said to her:
“The wonderful thing that I love about her — even on that night she said some things to me that were moving. She said God is a God of second chances.”
Indeed, Francis did not win X-Factor, has a television project in the works and music in development that may give her a send chance at stardom.
In one of her last televised performances, Whitney sang the R. Kelly penned song “I look to You” in a duet of with Kim Burrell at Celebration og Gospel in 2010.
Check out her interview on the blue carpet at BET’s Celebration of Gospel:
Kick off the Easter season with the 12th Annual Celebration fo Gospel, airing on BET on Palm Sunday, April 1. Check your local listings for airing times.
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Bay Area Man Finds Twenty Dollars and Uses it to Win $1 Million!
- Health: Is Your Pee Trying to Tell You Something?
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here