Recently Francis attended the recording of this year’s “Celebration of Gospel” in Hollywood for the first time where some of her favorite gospel vocalists ( Kirk Franklin, Yolanda Adams and Marvin Sapp) were among the performers.
The aspiring entertainer was also a big fan of late pop legend Whitney Houston who Kelly Price paid tribute to during the event fittingly singing “Jesus Loves Me,” the last song Houston sang at Price’s Pre-Grammy party just two days before her untimely passing.
Francis, a 42-year-old mom from Brooklyn, NY has put the highly publicized confrontation between her and Houston that transpired at Price’s party behind her. During an interview on the blue carpet she was respectfully mum about the incident, choosing to reflect on a few inspiring words Houston said to her:
“The wonderful thing that I love about her — even on that night she said some things to me that were moving. She said God is a God of second chances.”
Indeed, Francis did not win X-Factor, has a television project in the works and music in development that may give her a send chance at stardom.
In one of her last televised performances, Whitney sang the R. Kelly penned song “I look to You” in a duet of with Kim Burrell at Celebration og Gospel in 2010.
Check out her interview on the blue carpet at BET’s Celebration of Gospel:
Kick off the Easter season with the 12th Annual Celebration fo Gospel, airing on BET on Palm Sunday, April 1. Check your local listings for airing times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here