Lets go down the list: Tammy, Evelyn, and Gloria … all women who have exhibited “unlady like” behavior on the show on numerous occasions.
But then you remember that you can’t put all crabs in one bucket and there are wives of basketball players out there who don’t act this crazy.
While they may not be wives, Gabrielle Union, Savannah Brinson and Ray Allen’s wife are all class acts.
The one who may be the quietest, unassuming one is singer Tamia.
In a recent interview, she talks about her life as the basketball wife of Grant Hill.
Since you’re married to an athlete, what are your thoughts on the perception of the “Basketball Wives” franchise?
Tamia: Well, I think the perception is definitely not a reality. I think, to be fair, a lot of those women [on the show] aren’t wives. And I’m good friends with Shaunie. And as far as business is concerned, I applaud her, but I think that it’s definitely very misleading in terms of what our lives are about. I do have a lot of friends who are married to athletes, and a lot of these women are involved in charities, doing all kinds of things behind the scenes and are supportive wives, and — believe it or not — have supportive husbands who are really great guys. I think not only for the women, but I think it just paints a really bad picture about the men as well. I think for athletes in general, people are like, “Why would you want to marry an athlete?” And that goes back to what I was saying to you: what works in one person’s marriage, may not work in the next. So keep your eyes focused on yours! I guess it’s interesting TV, but it’s definitely not reality.
Read more here at Uptown.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here