*Young Jeezy today revealed that he underwent throat surgery in 2011 after doctors found polyps on his vocal chords.
“I tore my vocal chords,” he told DC’s WGPC. “I had polyps on it, and I basically tore it because I was doing a lot of yelling at my shows.
“It kind of took me off my grind for, like, a year, because I couldn’t speak for seven months. I had surgery, and then it took another three months for me to learn how to speak again. So imagine laying in your bed not knowing if you’re going to be able to do what you want to do.”
The Grammy Award-nominated artist eventually made a full recovery, but confesses speech therapy was not easy.
“That ain’t what you wanna do in front of your homeboys when you’re trying to warm up and get your voice back,” he said. “So it was a little difficult, but I kind of thugged my way through it… and it worked out for me.”
Jeezy, who released his latest album “Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition” in December, has since returned to the stage. He kicked off his CTE Presents the Hustlerz Ambition Tour in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, March 3.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Oprah Winfrey Set for First-ever Appearance at 2016 Essence Festival
- Steven Ivory: Farewell to P-Funk’s Bernie Worrell
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams, Madison Keys Advance to 3rd Round; Sloane Stephens Reaches Rain-Delayed 2nd
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Malia Obama to Intern This Summer at U.S. Embassy in Spain
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here