*Young Jeezy today revealed that he underwent throat surgery in 2011 after doctors found polyps on his vocal chords.
“I tore my vocal chords,” he told DC’s WGPC. “I had polyps on it, and I basically tore it because I was doing a lot of yelling at my shows.
“It kind of took me off my grind for, like, a year, because I couldn’t speak for seven months. I had surgery, and then it took another three months for me to learn how to speak again. So imagine laying in your bed not knowing if you’re going to be able to do what you want to do.”
The Grammy Award-nominated artist eventually made a full recovery, but confesses speech therapy was not easy.
“That ain’t what you wanna do in front of your homeboys when you’re trying to warm up and get your voice back,” he said. “So it was a little difficult, but I kind of thugged my way through it… and it worked out for me.”
Jeezy, who released his latest album “Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition” in December, has since returned to the stage. He kicked off his CTE Presents the Hustlerz Ambition Tour in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, March 3.
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here