*Young Jeezy today revealed that he underwent throat surgery in 2011 after doctors found polyps on his vocal chords.
“I tore my vocal chords,” he told DC’s WGPC. “I had polyps on it, and I basically tore it because I was doing a lot of yelling at my shows.
“It kind of took me off my grind for, like, a year, because I couldn’t speak for seven months. I had surgery, and then it took another three months for me to learn how to speak again. So imagine laying in your bed not knowing if you’re going to be able to do what you want to do.”
The Grammy Award-nominated artist eventually made a full recovery, but confesses speech therapy was not easy.
“That ain’t what you wanna do in front of your homeboys when you’re trying to warm up and get your voice back,” he said. “So it was a little difficult, but I kind of thugged my way through it… and it worked out for me.”
Jeezy, who released his latest album “Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition” in December, has since returned to the stage. He kicked off his CTE Presents the Hustlerz Ambition Tour in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, March 3.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here