*Young Jeezy today revealed that he underwent throat surgery in 2011 after doctors found polyps on his vocal chords.
“I tore my vocal chords,” he told DC’s WGPC. “I had polyps on it, and I basically tore it because I was doing a lot of yelling at my shows.
“It kind of took me off my grind for, like, a year, because I couldn’t speak for seven months. I had surgery, and then it took another three months for me to learn how to speak again. So imagine laying in your bed not knowing if you’re going to be able to do what you want to do.”
The Grammy Award-nominated artist eventually made a full recovery, but confesses speech therapy was not easy.
“That ain’t what you wanna do in front of your homeboys when you’re trying to warm up and get your voice back,” he said. “So it was a little difficult, but I kind of thugged my way through it… and it worked out for me.”
Jeezy, who released his latest album “Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition” in December, has since returned to the stage. He kicked off his CTE Presents the Hustlerz Ambition Tour in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, March 3.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here