*Young Jeezy today revealed that he underwent throat surgery in 2011 after doctors found polyps on his vocal chords.
“I tore my vocal chords,” he told DC’s WGPC. “I had polyps on it, and I basically tore it because I was doing a lot of yelling at my shows.
“It kind of took me off my grind for, like, a year, because I couldn’t speak for seven months. I had surgery, and then it took another three months for me to learn how to speak again. So imagine laying in your bed not knowing if you’re going to be able to do what you want to do.”
The Grammy Award-nominated artist eventually made a full recovery, but confesses speech therapy was not easy.
“That ain’t what you wanna do in front of your homeboys when you’re trying to warm up and get your voice back,” he said. “So it was a little difficult, but I kind of thugged my way through it… and it worked out for me.”
Jeezy, who released his latest album “Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition” in December, has since returned to the stage. He kicked off his CTE Presents the Hustlerz Ambition Tour in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, March 3.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here