Many believe racism was the only motive in the shooting death of the 17 year old. BET will broadcast a special program dedicated to first remembering the young man and also to recall the conversations of event so familiar in across the country.
“Shoot First: The Tragedy of Trayvon Martin” will deconstruct the key elements of the case and through first-hand accounts and will present what BET says is the full story directly from the Martin family and neighborhood witnesses.
The program will premiere tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Since the news about Martin surfaced, families and supporters have protested and have even mobilized in the streets, wearing hooded sweatshirts in honor of Trayvon.
Centric, BET’s sister network/station, will re-air the special at 8 p.m. tonight as well.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here