Many believe racism was the only motive in the shooting death of the 17 year old. BET will broadcast a special program dedicated to first remembering the young man and also to recall the conversations of event so familiar in across the country.
“Shoot First: The Tragedy of Trayvon Martin” will deconstruct the key elements of the case and through first-hand accounts and will present what BET says is the full story directly from the Martin family and neighborhood witnesses.
The program will premiere tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Since the news about Martin surfaced, families and supporters have protested and have even mobilized in the streets, wearing hooded sweatshirts in honor of Trayvon.
Centric, BET’s sister network/station, will re-air the special at 8 p.m. tonight as well.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here