Many believe racism was the only motive in the shooting death of the 17 year old. BET will broadcast a special program dedicated to first remembering the young man and also to recall the conversations of event so familiar in across the country.
“Shoot First: The Tragedy of Trayvon Martin” will deconstruct the key elements of the case and through first-hand accounts and will present what BET says is the full story directly from the Martin family and neighborhood witnesses.
The program will premiere tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Since the news about Martin surfaced, families and supporters have protested and have even mobilized in the streets, wearing hooded sweatshirts in honor of Trayvon.
Centric, BET’s sister network/station, will re-air the special at 8 p.m. tonight as well.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here