Many believe racism was the only motive in the shooting death of the 17 year old. BET will broadcast a special program dedicated to first remembering the young man and also to recall the conversations of event so familiar in across the country.
“Shoot First: The Tragedy of Trayvon Martin” will deconstruct the key elements of the case and through first-hand accounts and will present what BET says is the full story directly from the Martin family and neighborhood witnesses.
The program will premiere tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Since the news about Martin surfaced, families and supporters have protested and have even mobilized in the streets, wearing hooded sweatshirts in honor of Trayvon.
Centric, BET’s sister network/station, will re-air the special at 8 p.m. tonight as well.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here