*Former supermodel Tyra Banks and actress Glenn Close are to be honored in New York City next month for their contributions to the field of communications.
The New York Women in Communications Foundation recognize a handful of powerful females for their achievements at the Matrix Awards, and Close and Banks are among the distinguished few in 2012.
Banks was chosen for her endeavors as the CEO of her entertainment firm Bankable Incorporated. Close was selected for co-founding the website Bring Change 2 Mind, which works to stomp out discrimination against those with mental illnesses.
Close and Banks join a long list of past winners, including actresses Meryl Streep and Bernadette Peters.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here