*Former supermodel Tyra Banks and actress Glenn Close are to be honored in New York City next month for their contributions to the field of communications.
The New York Women in Communications Foundation recognize a handful of powerful females for their achievements at the Matrix Awards, and Close and Banks are among the distinguished few in 2012.
Banks was chosen for her endeavors as the CEO of her entertainment firm Bankable Incorporated. Close was selected for co-founding the website Bring Change 2 Mind, which works to stomp out discrimination against those with mental illnesses.
Close and Banks join a long list of past winners, including actresses Meryl Streep and Bernadette Peters.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here