*Former supermodel Tyra Banks and actress Glenn Close are to be honored in New York City next month for their contributions to the field of communications.
The New York Women in Communications Foundation recognize a handful of powerful females for their achievements at the Matrix Awards, and Close and Banks are among the distinguished few in 2012.
Banks was chosen for her endeavors as the CEO of her entertainment firm Bankable Incorporated. Close was selected for co-founding the website Bring Change 2 Mind, which works to stomp out discrimination against those with mental illnesses.
Close and Banks join a long list of past winners, including actresses Meryl Streep and Bernadette Peters.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here