*Former supermodel Tyra Banks and actress Glenn Close are to be honored in New York City next month for their contributions to the field of communications.
The New York Women in Communications Foundation recognize a handful of powerful females for their achievements at the Matrix Awards, and Close and Banks are among the distinguished few in 2012.
Banks was chosen for her endeavors as the CEO of her entertainment firm Bankable Incorporated. Close was selected for co-founding the website Bring Change 2 Mind, which works to stomp out discrimination against those with mental illnesses.
Close and Banks join a long list of past winners, including actresses Meryl Streep and Bernadette Peters.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here