*Former supermodel Tyra Banks and actress Glenn Close are to be honored in New York City next month for their contributions to the field of communications.
The New York Women in Communications Foundation recognize a handful of powerful females for their achievements at the Matrix Awards, and Close and Banks are among the distinguished few in 2012.
Banks was chosen for her endeavors as the CEO of her entertainment firm Bankable Incorporated. Close was selected for co-founding the website Bring Change 2 Mind, which works to stomp out discrimination against those with mental illnesses.
Close and Banks join a long list of past winners, including actresses Meryl Streep and Bernadette Peters.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aretha Franklin Meets The Pope, Momma Dee Plans to Sue Restaurant
- Grace Jones's Diva Antics 'A Headache' for Book Team
- Joshua Ledet: Soul Singer That Wow'd on 'American Idol' Releases New Single 'Love Can Do' (Watch)
- Kordell Stewart: 'I'm Not Gay No More' Guy is Lying (VIDEO)
- What is Marianne Jean-Baptiste’s Big Secret in NBC’s ‘Blindspot?’
- Omarion Cancels Gig After Venue Turned Away Dark-Skinned Girls
- Take 6 Records ABC's for 'Reba to the Rescue' [Watch]
- Ennis Cosby’s Killer ‘Praying for Bill Cosby, His Family and All the Women’
- Gay Viral Video Star: ‘I Dated Kordell Stewart…Porsha’s Husband’ (Watch)
- Al Roker Sorry for his Storm Wreckage Selfie: ‘I Offended Those Who Lost So Much’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here