The singer is set to star in an upcoming film “Hands of Stone,” playing the role of Sugar Ray Leonard (below). The movie is actually about Panamanian boxer Roberto Duran Leonard, but Usher has a significant part.
He’s been training to become the world champion who achieved five different weight divisions and later retired from boxing in 1997 after making several comebacks.
“I’m in preparation for a very incredible role,” Usher said. “If you guys see me running around London that’s what it is. If you see me in the corners boxing. I’m doing that while working on this album.”
Filming for the movie will begin later this month.
Meanwhile, musically, Usher’s also working on his next album that will fit the musical tastes of more than just R&B fans.
“I love the feeling that we have here and the different styles of music, let’s find a way to make an album that works everywhere, that works here, works for my fans, works for the classic audience, works for my pop audience, and that’s why you feel you’re hearing this eclectic mixture of music,” he told NME.
- Chris Brown Rips Baby Mama for Having a BF Accused of Forgery
- Watch Serena Williams Do Her Karaoke Thing with 'The Little Mermaid'
- Who Knew?! Chris Brown Owns 14 Burger King Restaurants
- Ex-NFLer Simeon Rice Brings Thriller 'Unsullied' to Screens Nationally
- Uncle Luke Says Rappers 'Wasn't Wifin' Hoes' Before Kanye
- Louisiana Man: 'I've Never Had a Racist Bone in My Body' ... But Don't Tempt Me! (Watch)
- Derrick Rose Responds to Drugging/Rape Claims From Ex-Girlfriend
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Flanagan’s Family Releases Statement in Aftermath of Virginia Shooting (WATCH)
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Karen Clark Sheard is ‘Destined to Win’; New Album Debuts at #2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here