The singer is set to star in an upcoming film “Hands of Stone,” playing the role of Sugar Ray Leonard (below). The movie is actually about Panamanian boxer Roberto Duran Leonard, but Usher has a significant part.
He’s been training to become the world champion who achieved five different weight divisions and later retired from boxing in 1997 after making several comebacks.
“I’m in preparation for a very incredible role,” Usher said. “If you guys see me running around London that’s what it is. If you see me in the corners boxing. I’m doing that while working on this album.”
Filming for the movie will begin later this month.
Meanwhile, musically, Usher’s also working on his next album that will fit the musical tastes of more than just R&B fans.
“I love the feeling that we have here and the different styles of music, let’s find a way to make an album that works everywhere, that works here, works for my fans, works for the classic audience, works for my pop audience, and that’s why you feel you’re hearing this eclectic mixture of music,” he told NME.
- Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez Reportedly Heading Toward Divorce?
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here