The singer is set to star in an upcoming film “Hands of Stone,” playing the role of Sugar Ray Leonard (below). The movie is actually about Panamanian boxer Roberto Duran Leonard, but Usher has a significant part.
He’s been training to become the world champion who achieved five different weight divisions and later retired from boxing in 1997 after making several comebacks.
“I’m in preparation for a very incredible role,” Usher said. “If you guys see me running around London that’s what it is. If you see me in the corners boxing. I’m doing that while working on this album.”
Filming for the movie will begin later this month.
Meanwhile, musically, Usher’s also working on his next album that will fit the musical tastes of more than just R&B fans.
“I love the feeling that we have here and the different styles of music, let’s find a way to make an album that works everywhere, that works here, works for my fans, works for the classic audience, works for my pop audience, and that’s why you feel you’re hearing this eclectic mixture of music,” he told NME.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Funnee: Will and Jada Called Out for Starting 'Ish' (WATCH)
- Kenya Moore Explains Why Cynthia Bailey 'Deeply Hurt Me' on 'RHOA'
- Agents of Change Docu Is Centerpiece Film At PAFF
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here