*Venus Williams is expected to re-launch her EleVen fashion line at this week’s Sony Ericsson Open tennis tournament in Miami.
The tennis star, who took six months off to seek treatment for autoimmune disease Sjogren’s syndrome, will return to the court this week, bringing new items from her EleVen label with her, reports WWD.
”EleVen is really about being better than a 10. It’s bringing your personal best which makes you an 11, and not accepting the standards of what is considered the best,” said the 7-time Grand Slam champion. ”It’s overcoming defeats and being a champion in life. If you don’t look good, you won’t play well.”
Having worked with Ralph Lauren and earned a degree in fashion design from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, Venus says her label was inspired by her own attitudes to style.
She told WWD: ”EleVen is about being yourself. I don’t like to be told what to wear and how to look.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here