*Venus Williams is expected to re-launch her EleVen fashion line at this week’s Sony Ericsson Open tennis tournament in Miami.
The tennis star, who took six months off to seek treatment for autoimmune disease Sjogren’s syndrome, will return to the court this week, bringing new items from her EleVen label with her, reports WWD.
”EleVen is really about being better than a 10. It’s bringing your personal best which makes you an 11, and not accepting the standards of what is considered the best,” said the 7-time Grand Slam champion. ”It’s overcoming defeats and being a champion in life. If you don’t look good, you won’t play well.”
Having worked with Ralph Lauren and earned a degree in fashion design from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, Venus says her label was inspired by her own attitudes to style.
She told WWD: ”EleVen is about being yourself. I don’t like to be told what to wear and how to look.”
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Harris Co., TX Sherriff Classifies Black Lives Matter as ‘Rhetoric’ Leading to Deputy’s Death
- Terrence Howard Tweets He's Still Attached to 3rd Wife Mira Pak
- 9-Yr-Old Ferguson Girl, Killed as She Did Homework, Remembered on Sunday
- Richard Pryor Biopic Officially Adds Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here