*Venus Williams is expected to re-launch her EleVen fashion line at this week’s Sony Ericsson Open tennis tournament in Miami.
The tennis star, who took six months off to seek treatment for autoimmune disease Sjogren’s syndrome, will return to the court this week, bringing new items from her EleVen label with her, reports WWD.
”EleVen is really about being better than a 10. It’s bringing your personal best which makes you an 11, and not accepting the standards of what is considered the best,” said the 7-time Grand Slam champion. ”It’s overcoming defeats and being a champion in life. If you don’t look good, you won’t play well.”
Having worked with Ralph Lauren and earned a degree in fashion design from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, Venus says her label was inspired by her own attitudes to style.
She told WWD: ”EleVen is about being yourself. I don’t like to be told what to wear and how to look.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here