*Venus Williams is expected to re-launch her EleVen fashion line at this week’s Sony Ericsson Open tennis tournament in Miami.
The tennis star, who took six months off to seek treatment for autoimmune disease Sjogren’s syndrome, will return to the court this week, bringing new items from her EleVen label with her, reports WWD.
”EleVen is really about being better than a 10. It’s bringing your personal best which makes you an 11, and not accepting the standards of what is considered the best,” said the 7-time Grand Slam champion. ”It’s overcoming defeats and being a champion in life. If you don’t look good, you won’t play well.”
Having worked with Ralph Lauren and earned a degree in fashion design from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, Venus says her label was inspired by her own attitudes to style.
She told WWD: ”EleVen is about being yourself. I don’t like to be told what to wear and how to look.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here