*Jay-Z performed an intimate show at South by Southwest (SXSW) festival last night in an event that was streamed live on the Internet and synced with Twitter, so fans could comment on the show and choose the set list in real time.
The rapper was given a police escort from the airport to perform at the special show in Austin, Texas, for a crowd of just 2,800.
Jay opened his 90 minute performance with “What More Can I Say?” and also covered hits from across his career, including “Dirt Off Your Shoulder,” “99 Problems,” “Big Pimpin’” and “Excuse Me Miss.”
He told the crowd: ”I’m feeling a lot of love in this building. I’m feeling a lot of love in this city today. I’m feeling a lot of love in this city tonight.”
Jay also played new track “Glory,” written for the birth of daughter Blue Ivy in January.
The rapper occasionally stumbled over his words, or had to re-start songs, but the crowd was patient. Jay told them: ”I don’t f**k around with the words to my songs, y’all. You came to see a live show right?”
At the end of the set he told the audience: ”Y’all going to make me crawl away from here tonight,” before ending his set with “Encore.”
Watch clips from the show below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here