*Jay-Z performed an intimate show at South by Southwest (SXSW) festival last night in an event that was streamed live on the Internet and synced with Twitter, so fans could comment on the show and choose the set list in real time.
The rapper was given a police escort from the airport to perform at the special show in Austin, Texas, for a crowd of just 2,800.
Jay opened his 90 minute performance with “What More Can I Say?” and also covered hits from across his career, including “Dirt Off Your Shoulder,” “99 Problems,” “Big Pimpin’” and “Excuse Me Miss.”
He told the crowd: ”I’m feeling a lot of love in this building. I’m feeling a lot of love in this city today. I’m feeling a lot of love in this city tonight.”
Jay also played new track “Glory,” written for the birth of daughter Blue Ivy in January.
The rapper occasionally stumbled over his words, or had to re-start songs, but the crowd was patient. Jay told them: ”I don’t f**k around with the words to my songs, y’all. You came to see a live show right?”
At the end of the set he told the audience: ”Y’all going to make me crawl away from here tonight,” before ending his set with “Encore.”
Watch clips from the show below.
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Freedom Day Has Come for America's Youngest Murderers (Video)
- ‘Death By Gossip With Wendy Williams’ Set for Fall Debut on ID
- Chief Keef Plans to Perform in 3 Cities Simultaneously Via Hologram
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here