*Jay-Z performed an intimate show at South by Southwest (SXSW) festival last night in an event that was streamed live on the Internet and synced with Twitter, so fans could comment on the show and choose the set list in real time.
The rapper was given a police escort from the airport to perform at the special show in Austin, Texas, for a crowd of just 2,800.
Jay opened his 90 minute performance with “What More Can I Say?” and also covered hits from across his career, including “Dirt Off Your Shoulder,” “99 Problems,” “Big Pimpin’” and “Excuse Me Miss.”
He told the crowd: ”I’m feeling a lot of love in this building. I’m feeling a lot of love in this city today. I’m feeling a lot of love in this city tonight.”
Jay also played new track “Glory,” written for the birth of daughter Blue Ivy in January.
The rapper occasionally stumbled over his words, or had to re-start songs, but the crowd was patient. Jay told them: ”I don’t f**k around with the words to my songs, y’all. You came to see a live show right?”
At the end of the set he told the audience: ”Y’all going to make me crawl away from here tonight,” before ending his set with “Encore.”
Watch clips from the show below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- New California Law Requires 'Perceived Ethnicity' Documentation by Police
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson's Explosive Expose on How the NRA Terrorizes Congress
- The Film Strip: Hugh Jackman and Garrett Hedlund in 'PAN' playland
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here