*Jay-Z performed an intimate show at South by Southwest (SXSW) festival last night in an event that was streamed live on the Internet and synced with Twitter, so fans could comment on the show and choose the set list in real time.
The rapper was given a police escort from the airport to perform at the special show in Austin, Texas, for a crowd of just 2,800.
Jay opened his 90 minute performance with “What More Can I Say?” and also covered hits from across his career, including “Dirt Off Your Shoulder,” “99 Problems,” “Big Pimpin’” and “Excuse Me Miss.”
He told the crowd: ”I’m feeling a lot of love in this building. I’m feeling a lot of love in this city today. I’m feeling a lot of love in this city tonight.”
Jay also played new track “Glory,” written for the birth of daughter Blue Ivy in January.
The rapper occasionally stumbled over his words, or had to re-start songs, but the crowd was patient. Jay told them: ”I don’t f**k around with the words to my songs, y’all. You came to see a live show right?”
At the end of the set he told the audience: ”Y’all going to make me crawl away from here tonight,” before ending his set with “Encore.”
Watch clips from the show below.
- Kem: 25 Years of Sobriety, Opens Up on Overcoming Drug Addiction
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here