*President Obama was asked about Rush Limbaugh’s remarks on Sandra Fluke during a press conference on Tuesday, saying that “all decent folks can agree” those remarks “don’t belong in public discourse.”
The president also explained the reason behind his phone call to Fluke, saying he thought of his own two daughters, Sasha and Malia.
“One of the things I want them to do, as they get older is to engage in issues they care about, even ones I may not agree with them on,” he said. “I want them to be able to speak their mind in a civil and thoughtful way, and I don’t want them attacked or called horrible names because they’re being good citizens.
“I wanted Sandra to know that I thought her parents should be proud of her.”
Watch the entire comment below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Memphis Principal's Response to Criticism of School's Handling of Student Shooting Goes Viral
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here