*President Obama was asked about Rush Limbaugh’s remarks on Sandra Fluke during a press conference on Tuesday, saying that “all decent folks can agree” those remarks “don’t belong in public discourse.”
The president also explained the reason behind his phone call to Fluke, saying he thought of his own two daughters, Sasha and Malia.
“One of the things I want them to do, as they get older is to engage in issues they care about, even ones I may not agree with them on,” he said. “I want them to be able to speak their mind in a civil and thoughtful way, and I don’t want them attacked or called horrible names because they’re being good citizens.
“I wanted Sandra to know that I thought her parents should be proud of her.”
Watch the entire comment below:
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here