On March 28th at 7:30 p.m., hundreds of movie theaters around the country will celebrate the life of Houston and the movie’s 20th anniversary.
Whitney’s role in the movie was a dynamic and historical moment in movie production. She stole the show and blew audiences away with her perfect vocals and fabulous brilliance that emanated right off the screen.
Co-star Kevin Costner shared a few words at the singer’s funeral, telling the world and the remembered Whitney that she was more than a phenomenal woman.
“A lot of leading men could’ve played my part. But you, Whitney, I truly believe you were the only one who could’ve played Rachel Marron at that time. You weren’t just pretty, you were as beautiful as a woman could be. And people didn’t just like you, Whitney, they loved you.”
Whitney’s final movie, “Sparkle” will premiere on August 17.
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Mexico Won’t Send Contestant to Miss Universe Due to Donald Trump
- Misty Copeland Named 1st Black Female Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here