*It was announced today that Australian-based Motown tribute band Human Nature, who gained a die-hard fan in Motown O.G. Smokey Robinson, will finally give audiences across the country what sold-out rooms in Las Vegas have experienced for nearly two years now.
The group will embark on their first U.S. tour, with scheduled stops in Washington D.C., New York, Chicago and Boston so far. [Scroll down to watch them in action.]
“What makes them so cool is the fact that there’s a thing in show business called ‘it.’ And some people have ‘it,’ and they have ‘it,’ Smokey told EURweb before their joint PBS special debuted in December.
Human Nature (brothers Andrew and Mike Tierney and fellow high school classmates Phil Burton and Toby Allen) have released nine albums, five of which went to No. 1 Down Under. But it was their 2005 Motown tribute, “Reach Out,” that attracted the attention of Robinson.
Smokey had heard buzz about the group, but didn’t understand the depth of their talent until he heard them in person one night at a recording studio. He was there working on an album when they surprised him.
“When they came in with no band, no nothing but their voices, and sang for me — and growing up at Motown, we are very, very, very critical of music. That’s how we were raised. That’s how we came up. When I heard them sing, they blew me away,” said Smokey. “Then I got the chance, because they invited me to go to Australia, to promote the CD with them, and I got a chance to go and see them live. My God. They are just as awesome visually as they are vocally.”
Robinson began supporting Human Nature at various dates, and his presence helped the group land an exclusive booking at the Imperial Palace in Las Vegas, where they have played five and six nights a week to sold-out crowds for the past two-and-a-half years.
Their upcoming US tour includes 10 cities so far through May 6.
Below, group member Toby Allen explains the group’s close relationship with Smokey Robinson and what role the Motown legend plays in their career.
Below, group member Phil Burton talks about their visit to Hittsville U.S.A.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph's Diva Foundation & Better Brothers LA Share the Top 6 Reasons for the 2nd Annual Truth Awards
- Judge Tosses Janice Dickinson’s Amended Complaint Against Cosby
- Cam Newton Says 'Show Me a Good Loser and I’ll Show You a Loser'
- EUR Exclusive: Chrisette Michele Talks Wedding, New Single & More (WATCH)
- Beyonce's 'Formation': How Being 'Unapologetically Black' Can Empower Black Women
- Stars Come Out for TV One's New Series 'Here We Go Again' in Atlanta (Pics)
- Overbrook Entertainment (Will Smith's Co.) 'Lacks Diversity' (Watch)
- The Socialist's Journal: The Problem for Democrats
- Ex-NFLer Bill Romanowski Calls Cam Newton ‘Boy’ in Racist Rant, Later Apologizes
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here