*Ever since Wiz Khalifa was a youngin’ running around his Pittsburgh hometown, people have told him he’s an “old soul.”
“It just has to do with my natural personality,” says the 24-year-old rap star and fiancé of model Amber Rose. “I always hung around guys older. I was never really on the level of people my age. My dad always told me that when I was younger. Everybody that I always ran into was like, ‘Man, you’re an old soul.’ So it kind of just carried on.”
In fact, the “Wiz” part of his stage name is short for wisdom – as in wisdom beyond his years. Additionally, the rapper also has what folks might call “worldly experience,” having lived at times in Germany, Japan and the UK as the son of two parents in the Air Force.
His grandfather, meanwhile, is responsible for the second part of his moniker. “He’s Muslim, so he actually gave me the name Khalifa, which means leader, successor, shining light and cool guy,” he explains.
With a marriage and the reported purchase of a $900,000 home near his hometown, it appears as if 2012 will be another huge year for Wiz Khalifa, one that will no doubt be represented in additional ink on his body, if there’s room.
His endless amount of tattoos is just another aspect that sets him apart.
“I’m still working on [them], believe it or not,” he tells us. “I got a scripture on my stomach; that’s pretty tight. I got my little sister’s name on me, I got my mom’s name, I got Amber’s name on me…”
And Amber, of course, bears the tattoo “Cam,” short for Khalifa’s real name Cameron Jibril Thomaz.
Below, Wiz tells us the reasons why he fell in love with Amber.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Red Lobster Sales and Social Media Soar Since Beyonce’s ‘Formation’
- EUR Celebrates Black History Month - From AFRICAN SKETCHBOOK to OUR ROOTS
- What?! All Traces of Rapist-Cop Daniel Holtzclaw Gone from Database
- UCLA Gymnast Goes Viral With Dab, Nae-Nae, Quan Filled Floor Routine (Watch)
- Ben Carson’s Debate Entrance Mocked on Daytime and Late Night TV (Watch)
- Sheryl Lee Ralph's Diva Foundation & Better Brothers LA Share the Top 6 Reasons for the 2nd Annual Truth Awards
- Judge Tosses Janice Dickinson’s Amended Complaint Against Cosby
- Cam Newton Says 'Show Me a Good Loser and I’ll Show You a Loser'
- EUR Exclusive: Chrisette Michele Talks Wedding, New Single & More (WATCH)
- Beyonce's 'Formation': How Being 'Unapologetically Black' Can Empower Black Women
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here