*Ever since Wiz Khalifa was a youngin’ running around his Pittsburgh hometown, people have told him he’s an “old soul.”
“It just has to do with my natural personality,” says the 24-year-old rap star and fiancé of model Amber Rose. “I always hung around guys older. I was never really on the level of people my age. My dad always told me that when I was younger. Everybody that I always ran into was like, ‘Man, you’re an old soul.’ So it kind of just carried on.”
In fact, the “Wiz” part of his stage name is short for wisdom – as in wisdom beyond his years. Additionally, the rapper also has what folks might call “worldly experience,” having lived at times in Germany, Japan and the UK as the son of two parents in the Air Force.
His grandfather, meanwhile, is responsible for the second part of his moniker. “He’s Muslim, so he actually gave me the name Khalifa, which means leader, successor, shining light and cool guy,” he explains.
With a marriage and the reported purchase of a $900,000 home near his hometown, it appears as if 2012 will be another huge year for Wiz Khalifa, one that will no doubt be represented in additional ink on his body, if there’s room.
His endless amount of tattoos is just another aspect that sets him apart.
“I’m still working on [them], believe it or not,” he tells us. “I got a scripture on my stomach; that’s pretty tight. I got my little sister’s name on me, I got my mom’s name, I got Amber’s name on me…”
And Amber, of course, bears the tattoo “Cam,” short for Khalifa’s real name Cameron Jibril Thomaz.
Below, Wiz tells us the reasons why he fell in love with Amber.
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here