*Ever since Wiz Khalifa was a youngin’ running around his Pittsburgh hometown, people have told him he’s an “old soul.”
“It just has to do with my natural personality,” says the 24-year-old rap star and fiancé of model Amber Rose. “I always hung around guys older. I was never really on the level of people my age. My dad always told me that when I was younger. Everybody that I always ran into was like, ‘Man, you’re an old soul.’ So it kind of just carried on.”
In fact, the “Wiz” part of his stage name is short for wisdom – as in wisdom beyond his years. Additionally, the rapper also has what folks might call “worldly experience,” having lived at times in Germany, Japan and the UK as the son of two parents in the Air Force.
His grandfather, meanwhile, is responsible for the second part of his moniker. “He’s Muslim, so he actually gave me the name Khalifa, which means leader, successor, shining light and cool guy,” he explains.
With a marriage and the reported purchase of a $900,000 home near his hometown, it appears as if 2012 will be another huge year for Wiz Khalifa, one that will no doubt be represented in additional ink on his body, if there’s room.
His endless amount of tattoos is just another aspect that sets him apart.
“I’m still working on [them], believe it or not,” he tells us. “I got a scripture on my stomach; that’s pretty tight. I got my little sister’s name on me, I got my mom’s name, I got Amber’s name on me…”
And Amber, of course, bears the tattoo “Cam,” short for Khalifa’s real name Cameron Jibril Thomaz.
Below, Wiz tells us the reasons why he fell in love with Amber.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here