*ABC is rearranging its afternoon programming for the September arrival of Katie Couric.
Chef Carla Hall and her colleagues on “The Chew,” which replaced “All My Children,” made the cut for a second season, but “The Revolution,” with co-host Dr. Tiffanie Davis, didn’t fare so well.
“The Chew,” a food-oriented talk show, has been on since September and has attracted enough viewers on a regular basis to at least generally equal “All My Children.” But “The Revolution,” a health and lifestyle talk show, never seemed to find an audience since its debut in January. Davis, who offered advice to woman, co-hosted with “Project Runway’s” Tim Gunn, fitness trainer Harley Pasternak, designer Ty Pennington ad Dr. Jennifer Ashton. The final broadcast will take place in July.
After “The Revolution” departs and until Katie arrives in September, the ABC-owned stations will carry an afternoon spinoff of “Good Morning America,” titled “GMA in the Afternoon.” It will feature many of the same “GMA” personalities, but likely to carry lighter fare — unless there’s a breaking news story.
Good Morning America has been making headway in the ratings and recently even topped its archrival, NBC’s Today. That was on one day last week when Couric guest-hosted, a positive sign for her weekday syndicated strip.
Katie, which premieres Sept. 10, will probably air at 3 p.m. on the ABC stations as well as on most other stations. The show, executive produced and run by former NBC topper Jeff Zucker, is expected to be a lifestyle talk show with a strong news flavor in keeping with Couric’s background and interests.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here