*ABC is rearranging its afternoon programming for the September arrival of Katie Couric.
Chef Carla Hall and her colleagues on “The Chew,” which replaced “All My Children,” made the cut for a second season, but “The Revolution,” with co-host Dr. Tiffanie Davis, didn’t fare so well.
“The Chew,” a food-oriented talk show, has been on since September and has attracted enough viewers on a regular basis to at least generally equal “All My Children.” But “The Revolution,” a health and lifestyle talk show, never seemed to find an audience since its debut in January. Davis, who offered advice to woman, co-hosted with “Project Runway’s” Tim Gunn, fitness trainer Harley Pasternak, designer Ty Pennington ad Dr. Jennifer Ashton. The final broadcast will take place in July.
After “The Revolution” departs and until Katie arrives in September, the ABC-owned stations will carry an afternoon spinoff of “Good Morning America,” titled “GMA in the Afternoon.” It will feature many of the same “GMA” personalities, but likely to carry lighter fare — unless there’s a breaking news story.
Good Morning America has been making headway in the ratings and recently even topped its archrival, NBC’s Today. That was on one day last week when Couric guest-hosted, a positive sign for her weekday syndicated strip.
Katie, which premieres Sept. 10, will probably air at 3 p.m. on the ABC stations as well as on most other stations. The show, executive produced and run by former NBC topper Jeff Zucker, is expected to be a lifestyle talk show with a strong news flavor in keeping with Couric’s background and interests.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here