*ABC is rearranging its afternoon programming for the September arrival of Katie Couric.
Chef Carla Hall and her colleagues on “The Chew,” which replaced “All My Children,” made the cut for a second season, but “The Revolution,” with co-host Dr. Tiffanie Davis, didn’t fare so well.
“The Chew,” a food-oriented talk show, has been on since September and has attracted enough viewers on a regular basis to at least generally equal “All My Children.” But “The Revolution,” a health and lifestyle talk show, never seemed to find an audience since its debut in January. Davis, who offered advice to woman, co-hosted with “Project Runway’s” Tim Gunn, fitness trainer Harley Pasternak, designer Ty Pennington ad Dr. Jennifer Ashton. The final broadcast will take place in July.
After “The Revolution” departs and until Katie arrives in September, the ABC-owned stations will carry an afternoon spinoff of “Good Morning America,” titled “GMA in the Afternoon.” It will feature many of the same “GMA” personalities, but likely to carry lighter fare — unless there’s a breaking news story.
Good Morning America has been making headway in the ratings and recently even topped its archrival, NBC’s Today. That was on one day last week when Couric guest-hosted, a positive sign for her weekday syndicated strip.
Katie, which premieres Sept. 10, will probably air at 3 p.m. on the ABC stations as well as on most other stations. The show, executive produced and run by former NBC topper Jeff Zucker, is expected to be a lifestyle talk show with a strong news flavor in keeping with Couric’s background and interests.
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here