*ABC is rearranging its afternoon programming for the September arrival of Katie Couric.
Chef Carla Hall and her colleagues on “The Chew,” which replaced “All My Children,” made the cut for a second season, but “The Revolution,” with co-host Dr. Tiffanie Davis, didn’t fare so well.
“The Chew,” a food-oriented talk show, has been on since September and has attracted enough viewers on a regular basis to at least generally equal “All My Children.” But “The Revolution,” a health and lifestyle talk show, never seemed to find an audience since its debut in January. Davis, who offered advice to woman, co-hosted with “Project Runway’s” Tim Gunn, fitness trainer Harley Pasternak, designer Ty Pennington ad Dr. Jennifer Ashton. The final broadcast will take place in July.
After “The Revolution” departs and until Katie arrives in September, the ABC-owned stations will carry an afternoon spinoff of “Good Morning America,” titled “GMA in the Afternoon.” It will feature many of the same “GMA” personalities, but likely to carry lighter fare — unless there’s a breaking news story.
Good Morning America has been making headway in the ratings and recently even topped its archrival, NBC’s Today. That was on one day last week when Couric guest-hosted, a positive sign for her weekday syndicated strip.
Katie, which premieres Sept. 10, will probably air at 3 p.m. on the ABC stations as well as on most other stations. The show, executive produced and run by former NBC topper Jeff Zucker, is expected to be a lifestyle talk show with a strong news flavor in keeping with Couric’s background and interests.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here