*(New York, N.Y.) – The Anguilla Tourist Board will host its first annual literary festival May 24th through May 28th at the statuesque, Paradise Cove Resort.
Best-selling authors, publishing industry power brokers, celebrity notables and book enthusiasts will converge on the peerless Caribbean destination, known for its buttery soft vanilla sand, beautiful people, rich history and seductive water in shades of blue – turquoise, aqua and marine.
Officially billed as ‘Anguilla Lit Fest: A Literary Jollification,’ the auspicious five-day event will be a celebration of literature, arts and culture featuring an eclectic variation of noteworthy authors from the Caribbean and Abroad. Best-selling author, screenwriter and professor Terry McMillan (‘Waiting to Exhale’) will join esteemed lawyer, activist and author Randall Robinson (‘The Debt’) in headlining the festival, which will also include exclusive author readings, informative workshops, empowering panel discussions and other specially-tailored activities. Award winning author and actor Hill Harper (‘The Conversation’) and Crystal McCrary (Inspiration) have also been added to this stellar lineup). The festival will present the first annual, Fountain Award, to an individual who, like its namesake, represents a valuable, lasting literary expression of pride, courage and independent spirit.
Special packages for the event are being offered by Anguilla’s world renowned accommodation establishments, including Paradise Cove Resort’s “Lit Talk Anguilla” package; Cuisinart Golf Resort & Spa’s “Invitation to Exhale with Terry McMillan” package; Little Butterfly’s “Lit Talk Anguilla” package, Anguilla Great House presents “Great Anguilla Lit Talk” and Anacaona Boutique Hotel’s “Book Binder Girls Getaway” package.
The Travel Channel praises Anguilla for having one of the ‘Top 10 Caribbean Beaches,’ of unrivaled sandy shores and picturesque burnt-orange sunsets while Vogue magazine calls Anguilla “Perfect.”
The Anguilla Tourist Board (ATB) is responsible for the development and management of the island’s tourism industry, charged with the promotion of tourist travel, and the establishment, maintenance and improvement of high standards of product and service quality in the tourism sector. Working in tandem with its overseas Marketing Representatives in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Scandinavia, Puerto Rico and South America, the board promotes Anguilla as the Caribbean’s premier, exclusive, quality destination experience, where “feeling is believing.”
The Britto Agency
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here