Yep, you read it here. The multiple GRAMMY® Award-winner is eyeing actress Audra McDonald (below), who was spotted my Franklin when she attended “Porgy and Bess” on Broadway. It was the Queen of Soul’s first time seeing McDonald in a play. She was very impressed with her performance and expressed an interest in her for the role.
For those not familiar with McDonald, she is an award-winning television and stage actor who has won four Tony® awards and two Emmy awards. She starred in ABC’s “Private Practice” and in Broadway musicals such as “A Raisin in the Sun,” “Ragtime,” “Carousel” and “Master Class.” A classically trained singer, she has performed in concerts with the New York Philharmonic and many others.
Franklin is continuing discussions with Hollywood executives and hopes to wrap up negotiations on the film in the coming months. But here’s the bottom line to keep in mind: she is not currently in negotiations with McDonald for the starring role in her bio-pic. She’s just putting the word out that Ms. McDonald is being considered.
In other Aretha news, for those that may have missed it, last month, she celebrated her 70th birthday at a dinner party in New York and she recently received TV Land’s Music Icon Award.
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here