Yep, you read it here. The multiple GRAMMY® Award-winner is eyeing actress Audra McDonald (below), who was spotted my Franklin when she attended “Porgy and Bess” on Broadway. It was the Queen of Soul’s first time seeing McDonald in a play. She was very impressed with her performance and expressed an interest in her for the role.
For those not familiar with McDonald, she is an award-winning television and stage actor who has won four Tony® awards and two Emmy awards. She starred in ABC’s “Private Practice” and in Broadway musicals such as “A Raisin in the Sun,” “Ragtime,” “Carousel” and “Master Class.” A classically trained singer, she has performed in concerts with the New York Philharmonic and many others.
Franklin is continuing discussions with Hollywood executives and hopes to wrap up negotiations on the film in the coming months. But here’s the bottom line to keep in mind: she is not currently in negotiations with McDonald for the starring role in her bio-pic. She’s just putting the word out that Ms. McDonald is being considered.
In other Aretha news, for those that may have missed it, last month, she celebrated her 70th birthday at a dinner party in New York and she recently received TV Land’s Music Icon Award.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here