*Brandy opens up about the single darkest episode in her life on tonight’s episode of “Behind the Music,” airing April 25, 9 p.m. EST.
“I would hear what people would say, and still to this day they know that that’s a button,” Brandy says through tears. “They know that they can call me a murderer or call me someone that killed someone. They know that is a button for me. A murderer is someone who premeditates it. I didn’t wake up that day to be involved in a fatal car crash. I didn’t plan for that. And if I could take it back, I would.”
In December 2006, the singer was involved in a fatal car accident in California resulting in the death of Awatif Aboudihaj. The Los Angeles city attorney’s office ultimately concluded that there was “insufficient evidence” to convict Brandy of misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter after a series of investigations and being hit with a $50 million lawsuit.
Brandy expands on dealing with the aftermath of the tragedy on “Behind the Music” I just wanted people to know that this wasn’t news. It’s not something that should be talked about like it’s gossip. You don’t like me? Fine. But don’t use this situation to try to hurt me, because the guilt of being involved is enough. It’s something that I’ll never truly, truly get over. Ever,” she explains.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- No Reality Show For Amber Rose & Black Chyna; Scarface Honored & Arrested
- Fla. Teens Who Died After Being Hypnotized By Former Principal, Remembered at 'Homecoming' (Watch)
- Twitter Rejects Rita Ora’s Dream ‘Lady Marmalade’ Remake With Iggy Azalea, Miley Cyrus & Charli XCX
- Report: Paris Jackson On Verge of Meltdown; Hasn’t Seen Mom in Over a Year
- Kardashian Friend Malika Haqq Apologizes for DUI Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here