*Brandy opens up about the single darkest episode in her life on tonight’s episode of “Behind the Music,” airing April 25, 9 p.m. EST.
“I would hear what people would say, and still to this day they know that that’s a button,” Brandy says through tears. “They know that they can call me a murderer or call me someone that killed someone. They know that is a button for me. A murderer is someone who premeditates it. I didn’t wake up that day to be involved in a fatal car crash. I didn’t plan for that. And if I could take it back, I would.”
In December 2006, the singer was involved in a fatal car accident in California resulting in the death of Awatif Aboudihaj. The Los Angeles city attorney’s office ultimately concluded that there was “insufficient evidence” to convict Brandy of misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter after a series of investigations and being hit with a $50 million lawsuit.
Brandy expands on dealing with the aftermath of the tragedy on “Behind the Music” I just wanted people to know that this wasn’t news. It’s not something that should be talked about like it’s gossip. You don’t like me? Fine. But don’t use this situation to try to hurt me, because the guilt of being involved is enough. It’s something that I’ll never truly, truly get over. Ever,” she explains.
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Damon Wayans Reveals Tracy Morgan's Undisclosed Walmart Settlement; Morgan's Camp Puzzled
- The New Yorker Cover Depicts President Kanye West
- EUR Quickie: Shocking Photo! ... Can U Guess Who This is?
- Janet Jackson Releases Title Track from ‘Unbreakable’ (Listen)
- Criminal Charges Recommended for Camper Accused of Terrorizing Black Family
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here