*Brandy opens up about the single darkest episode in her life on tonight’s episode of “Behind the Music,” airing April 25, 9 p.m. EST.
“I would hear what people would say, and still to this day they know that that’s a button,” Brandy says through tears. “They know that they can call me a murderer or call me someone that killed someone. They know that is a button for me. A murderer is someone who premeditates it. I didn’t wake up that day to be involved in a fatal car crash. I didn’t plan for that. And if I could take it back, I would.”
In December 2006, the singer was involved in a fatal car accident in California resulting in the death of Awatif Aboudihaj. The Los Angeles city attorney’s office ultimately concluded that there was “insufficient evidence” to convict Brandy of misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter after a series of investigations and being hit with a $50 million lawsuit.
Brandy expands on dealing with the aftermath of the tragedy on “Behind the Music” I just wanted people to know that this wasn’t news. It’s not something that should be talked about like it’s gossip. You don’t like me? Fine. But don’t use this situation to try to hurt me, because the guilt of being involved is enough. It’s something that I’ll never truly, truly get over. Ever,” she explains.
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here