*Veteran actress Beverly Todd will begin her run on NBC soap “Days of Our Lives” on Tuesday (April 3) as a recast for the role of Celeste Perrault.
Tanya Boyd, the actress who played Salem’s crafty psychic from 1994 through 2007, was supposed to return to the character but reportedly suffered a stroke in January and was unable to honor the commitment.
During Boyd’s era, Celeste was lovers with Stefano (Joe Mascolo), birthed Lexi (Renée Jones – who announced Monday that she is quitting the show), and was an accomplice to EJ (James Scott).
Todd – whose multi-year career in the industry included roles on “Benson,” “Six Feet Under,” “Grey’s Anatomy” and the film “Bucket List” – spoke exclusively with EURweb’s Lee Bailey at the recent NAACP Image Awards to reveal how she got the role, and that she never really wanted to do a soap opera.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here