*Veteran actress Beverly Todd will begin her run on NBC soap “Days of Our Lives” on Tuesday (April 3) as a recast for the role of Celeste Perrault.
Tanya Boyd, the actress who played Salem’s crafty psychic from 1994 through 2007, was supposed to return to the character but reportedly suffered a stroke in January and was unable to honor the commitment.
During Boyd’s era, Celeste was lovers with Stefano (Joe Mascolo), birthed Lexi (Renée Jones – who announced Monday that she is quitting the show), and was an accomplice to EJ (James Scott).
Todd – whose multi-year career in the industry included roles on “Benson,” “Six Feet Under,” “Grey’s Anatomy” and the film “Bucket List” – spoke exclusively with EURweb’s Lee Bailey at the recent NAACP Image Awards to reveal how she got the role, and that she never really wanted to do a soap opera.
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here