*Veteran actress Beverly Todd will begin her run on NBC soap “Days of Our Lives” on Tuesday (April 3) as a recast for the role of Celeste Perrault.
Tanya Boyd, the actress who played Salem’s crafty psychic from 1994 through 2007, was supposed to return to the character but reportedly suffered a stroke in January and was unable to honor the commitment.
During Boyd’s era, Celeste was lovers with Stefano (Joe Mascolo), birthed Lexi (Renée Jones – who announced Monday that she is quitting the show), and was an accomplice to EJ (James Scott).
Todd – whose multi-year career in the industry included roles on “Benson,” “Six Feet Under,” “Grey’s Anatomy” and the film “Bucket List” – spoke exclusively with EURweb’s Lee Bailey at the recent NAACP Image Awards to reveal how she got the role, and that she never really wanted to do a soap opera.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here