*Veteran actress Beverly Todd will begin her run on NBC soap “Days of Our Lives” on Tuesday (April 3) as a recast for the role of Celeste Perrault.
Tanya Boyd, the actress who played Salem’s crafty psychic from 1994 through 2007, was supposed to return to the character but reportedly suffered a stroke in January and was unable to honor the commitment.
During Boyd’s era, Celeste was lovers with Stefano (Joe Mascolo), birthed Lexi (Renée Jones – who announced Monday that she is quitting the show), and was an accomplice to EJ (James Scott).
Todd – whose multi-year career in the industry included roles on “Benson,” “Six Feet Under,” “Grey’s Anatomy” and the film “Bucket List” – spoke exclusively with EURweb’s Lee Bailey at the recent NAACP Image Awards to reveal how she got the role, and that she never really wanted to do a soap opera.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here