*Veteran actress Beverly Todd will begin her run on NBC soap “Days of Our Lives” on Tuesday (April 3) as a recast for the role of Celeste Perrault.
Tanya Boyd, the actress who played Salem’s crafty psychic from 1994 through 2007, was supposed to return to the character but reportedly suffered a stroke in January and was unable to honor the commitment.
During Boyd’s era, Celeste was lovers with Stefano (Joe Mascolo), birthed Lexi (Renée Jones – who announced Monday that she is quitting the show), and was an accomplice to EJ (James Scott).
Todd – whose multi-year career in the industry included roles on “Benson,” “Six Feet Under,” “Grey’s Anatomy” and the film “Bucket List” – spoke exclusively with EURweb’s Lee Bailey at the recent NAACP Image Awards to reveal how she got the role, and that she never really wanted to do a soap opera.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here